“Great honeymoon stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Living room
Swing and seating area under house Front door and kitchen island
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Living room
Swing and seating area under house
Front door and kitchen island
bedroom
Dining table seats 12
kitchen
half bath
Full bath
Across the street
More from the front porch
Side of house
Other side of house
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Lyndonvp
Leetonia, Ohio
“Great honeymoon stay”
Reviewed 22 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

We absolutely loved our stay here. Very quiet neighborhood perfect location. The weather was a bit cool but other than that it was great. We went and saw the wild horses in Corolla one day that was awesome. Also there's a lot of great food there Hi-Cotton BBQ in Kitty Hawk and Captain George's in Nags Head were delicious.

Seth6070
Madison Heights, Virginia
“Great vacation home”
Reviewed 23 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

This was a great property on the sound. This was perfect for my family as well as my extended family. The renter was great to work with and the house was clean and well kept.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway
Jack L
Wymondham, United Kingdom
“Just the Ticket!”
Reviewed 27 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

My wife and I travelled to the Outer Banks from England so we were very pleased to find a cottage that supplied nearly all things necessary for a self-catering holiday: kitchen supplies, bed-linens, bath towels--and even beach towels and chairs (not the sorts of things you want to carry in your luggage!). Thus once we arrived, all we needed to do was to buy food for the week. Happily, shops (we discovered the Fresh Market!), petrol stations, the local hospital (if needed), etc. are a short drive outside the Old Nags Head Cover area. The cottage is also very close to the Wright Brothers Memorial, Jockey's Ridge State Park, etc. I would warn visitors that the community pool (to which guests have access) is more of a dip-in-to-cool-off pool and not an actual swimming pool...for the latter, you'll need to swim with the sharks in the Atlantic as the Albemarle Sound is only about 2 feet deep, unless you walk about .5 mile into the Sound. Still it's a great venue from which to visit the Outer Banks. We very much enjoyed our stay.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: East access to beach, Sound, sites and services.
Liked least: Lack of a washing machine--but we travelled from abroad.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Management Response
31 Jul 2015
Thanks. you took such great care of the cottage. You are invited back anytime. We'll.talk.about my family's British heritage.
Rachel O
“Cozy and comfortable”
Reviewed 17 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

My family had a wonderful time. Ann was very nice and informative about things to do in the area. Her cottage was just the right size and was very cozy and comfortable for my family of 6.

Thanks Ann,

Would definitely stay again

Lori R
Hampton
“Definitely Cozy and so much more...”
Reviewed 17 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

It is obvious Ann Rodgers loves her little cottage in the beautiful Outer Banks of NC. I, in much need of comfort, convenience, and coziness, walked into this little beach house and felt instantly at home and yet on vacation. The kitchen is extremely well-stocked with cooking and dining needs. The AC/heat work flawlessly. The beds are comfortable; the bathrooms are fully functional and convenient. My favorite room was the dining room area that reminds me so much of a lovely little cafe with all its windows allowing streaming sunshine. I walked down the hall each morning on my way to the Keurig and saw the sun glistening on the waters of the sound. I relaxed in the hammock creatively hung under the porch. My daughter joined me, and we enjoyed breakfast on the porch. The décor is eclectic and artistic, bright and cheery. Ann has a wonderful collection of movies. My daughter gave them two thumbs up. I encourage you to stay at Anne’s cozy cottage, but don’t compete for my next time slot, ok?

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The dining room is like a cafe. The painted rooms were inspiring.
Liked least: Can't think of anything
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Management Response
18 Apr 2015
How sweet. I too love the sun porch. I am glad you were able to relax.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing