“The Best and Freshest!”

Ranked #15 of 90 Restaurants in Nags Head
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Outer Banks Locals and tourists alike know that the Red Drum is a real treasure. All of the seafood is delicious. They have the best fish and chips in NC, hands down.
The salad with grilled salmon is perfect. My favorite is the Taphouse Tuna Sandwich. The Tuna is always cooked to perfection. It comes with pesto and sun-dried tomatoes and cheese and it is sure to satisfy. The calamari is delicious and lightly battered with a sauce (ginger-honey? don't know. Be
en trying to figure that one out..) that I could drink!
They have an awesome bar with tons of beer varieties in bottles or draft. They also make the best Long Island Iced Tea on the beach.
Off season they break out some fantastic specials. I have never been dissatisfied at the Red Drum Taproom!

1  Thank Robert G

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Their food was very good. I had Blackened Tuna Oscar, Mary Ellen had crab cakes, Anne had Blackened Tuna sandwich and the boys had Fried Flounder Fish and chips. It was their last night before they closed for the season. I was a little leery at first but we took a chance and we enjoyed. Unfortunately 10 of their 18 beers were out so I did not partake in a 6 Flight of bottom of the barrell keg beer. We will come back in the Spring for sure. I will take Frank Apap and Lt. Dan Polasky here one day.

1  Thank Russ F
Reviewed 19 November 2017

went there with friends for dinner. was excellent. crab cakes were great. shrimp and grits was the best I ever had. ever! all appys' were tasty. nice bar.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Every trip to Outer Banks son in law and I must stop at Red Drum for their wings. Others enjoyed their fries and burgers. Always pleasant service

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Rainy night out so went here. Super friendly service. Good food and drinks. I would go back here for sure.