“Lots of food, great staff!”

Dirty Dick's Crab House
Ranked #27 of 91 Restaurants in Nags Head
Price range: USD 7 - USD 45
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Dirty Dick's Crab House is all about the FUN...in fact, the only thing we are serious about is our seafood - fresh seafood served daily!
Reviewed 1 September 2015

We barely made it here for the early bird special, but the manager was nice enough to let us use our coupon though! We had a large party, and ordered a lot of food and drinks, and our waitress was fast, efficient, and very friendly. The portions were large, and the sides were reasonable, they were normal priced compared to other places that were higher. I would go here again!

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Bad service, so much so that my party of 12 walked out. We waited forever for our server, soft drinks took a half hour to get and then we waited another 20 minutes before we left. The place was deserted and it's no mystery why.

DDXrestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Dirty Dick's Crab House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2015

I don't understand this review at all. Everything in your review goes against who and what we are. The complaint is about a visit two months ago. I find it hard to believe that it took 30 minutes to get sodas to your table then 20 minutes later you still had no level of service at your table?? I work with, train, levy expectations upon my staff and hold them accountable for what they do. For example, we get to the tables in less than a minute and have an emphasis on getting drinks out quickly. Also, there is always a manager presence in order to field and deal with any possible issues at any table. If there is any issue all a customer needs to do is to ask for the manager.
That's not the level of satisfaction that has built a 21 year long standing business here on the Outer Banks. I've been here 9 years and I've never seen such a thing. Feel free to call me to explain this in detail. I'm always available.
Rob B. 252-449-2722

Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

If you like greasy, fried seafood this is the place for you. The food was nothing special and was something I could've easily obtained while at home. Not worth the wait or the calories. The staff was somewhat fun and the drinks weren't too bad, but the food is quite undesirable.

DDXrestaurant, General Manager at Dirty Dick's Crab House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2015

I apologize that you didn't have the kind of experience that we strive to provide. I'm not sure what you ordered. After reading your review I can only assume that you ordered fried food which is always served over fried fresh cut fries along with fried hushpuppies. Honestly, that's too much fried food for me too! lol
We also offer salads, flat breads, numerous steamed items, grilled steaks, ribs and burgers, numerous broiled items, and even pressed sandwiches. After reading other reviews that you've posted I really feel that you'd enjoy items from other areas on our menu. I would really appreciate the opportunity to take care of you and show you a great food experience to go along with the awesome service and beverages that we can (and normally do) provide. I would really appreciate a call from you so that I can get you back in here during your next Outer Banks visit.
Rob B. 252-449-2722

Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

Saw the signs for this place and decided to stop. Bright and open. Sexual innuendos every where but we expected that. Greeted promptly and courtesly. Meet another waiter that was also a veteran(he said we'd get a discount). We did not. Food was pretty good. Kids didn't like their food. My kids are pretty picky. Bill wasn't too expensive, about what I thought for a seafood restaurant. Overall ok.

I actually think that I remember this table although I could be wrong. The server came to me a few minutes after you left and informed me that he forgot to execute your discount. Check in with me and I'll be more than happy to make this right!!
Thank you for writing that the bill wasn't too expensive in your review. We do what we can to appeal to all. Our prices start at $7.99 and go up. My name is Rob Barker and you can reach me at 252-449-2722.
Thanks again

Reviewed 27 August 2015

The name is funny, the retail store is cool, service was great and wait staff was friendly and informative. The quantity and quality of the food was average but priced as if it was exceptional.