“Amazing shrimp and grits, chicken salad”
Review of Cafe Lachine

Cafe Lachine
Ranked #6 of 90 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: Deli, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2016

The best lunch place to go in Nags Head. The chicken salad was by far the best I've ever tasted, as was the potato corn soup. Loved the breakfast potatoes. Hubby had the shrimp and grits with 2 eggs on top. I tried the grits - amazing. We took 2 desserts to go. The cappucino though is just average, not like a traditional coffeehouse.

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

We went on our family vacation with 13 people. We called and they made room for us to all sit together. The food was excellent and the service was wonderful. All the servers are friendly and eager to meet your needs. I can't wait to go back. The kids even loved their breakfast!

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Your sweet tooth will be more than satisfied with a visit to Cafe Lachine. They also pack to-go picnic lunches as well as offer eat-in service. This has become one of our favorite stops.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Our only disappointing restaurant experience. The interior is tired. When you enter there is a small counter area with a refrigerated shelves below the cash register with prepared food that look tired, fruit not quite fresh, etc. and then a dining area to the left. Nothing we ordered resembled the beautiful photos on their web site. Our server was not familiar with the menu and gave us incorrect information. Service was less than languid. The prices were high for the quality and quantity and no one in our group even came close to finishing their food.
Nags Head has a very competitive restaurant scene. Everywhere we ate there were crowds except here. This was one time we wished we had followed the crowd.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Lunch for the two of us was very good. She had the Pear Salad. I had the Italian Sub. Both were very good. Sub was overloaded with cheese and meat - almost too much to handle. I was a great bit dissapointed that my favorite soda b everage was no longer available, as they had gone to bulk rather than bottles drinks. I settled for tap water. Service was more than adequate. Restaurant was relatively uncrowded at lunchtime, and it was unclear what that meant. I do. Recommend this place.