All reviews long hallway stay someplace else lobby offers outdoor shower bed was comfortable room was large kitty hawk long weekend ocean view umbrellas guests obx beach puzzles refrigerator dresser dryer
Reviewed 13 November 2014

We never saw the ocean and this was our first place we stopped. We spend the week here, it is so nice here since you can go to so many places where the water is shallow. Every day the water was calm and we never saw a shark! This place is clean and very friendly staff. They told us how to go to beaches with nobody there. Can't wait to go back again some day.

Room tip: Go early Summer.
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank jason m
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The hotel is basic enough to fit right in with the local vibe but contains a surprising amount of character. The owners are great, bikes on site, across the street from the Atlantic, super clean. I can't really ask for anything more.

Date of stay: May 2013
Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank JereF1
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We were looking for a getaway to this area for the weekend after Thanksgiving. After a lot of research on inns and B&Bs in Nags Head, I settled on the Nags Head Beach Inn based primarily on Tripadvisor reviews. I'm glad I made the reservation, because this place was great. We were the last guests on the last weekend of their 2012 season. Other guests who had had reservations that weekend canceled, so we had the place to ourselves. Other inns may have just decided to close up for the season, but they stayed open that one last weekend for us, and there was no reduction in the level of service whatsoever. Ken and Lisa probably went way out of their way given that there we were the only ones there. They were very accommodating and helpful, and not intrusive at all. We truly felt like guests. Breakfast was great, and they even left slices of cake out in the evening for a snack. The room was nicely appointed, and the building, despite a season of use, was immaculate. The place has a lot of charm and is very comfortable. We were planning to go back in the fall of this year, but it looks like they are closing for the season in August. :-( We were really looking forward to returning, but I guess we're going to have to be more on the ball next year!

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Birdie-bird-2012
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Lisa, Elizabeth, and Toby are the finest examples of gracious hospitality I have ever experienced in my world travels. This inn is quaint, spotless, and has everything one needs for a perfect off-the-beaten path nesting spot. It is steps away from the beach, ice cream, and a couple restaurant/pubs. We stayed in a jacuzzi room and loved it. When I travel here again, I will not consider accommodations anywhere else. It was a flawless experience from my very first call. If you are like me and prefer to support local merchants as opposed to big, crowded hotel chain resorts, this is the place to stay.

Date of stay: August 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet R
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I cannot rave enough about the Nags Head Beach Inn! Lisa and Elizabeth were incredibly hospitable and charming.

Making my reservation was a breeze. Elizabeth got me booked and gave me all of the vital information regarding their Inn over the phone. She asked me to call an hour ahead of my arrival to see if my room was ready. (I booked two days before my travel...this Mama needed a break from Metro DC-living and to recharge my batteries SOLO at the beach.)

The day of my arrival, I called at noon and my room was ready early. Upon check-in, Lisa showed me around the Inn and explained that there were: beach chairs, umbrellas, and bikes provided. She showed me the refrigerators for guest use (super helpful for me, considering I have food allergies and bring my own food). Then, she showed me my room: very quaint and clean.

Breakfast was an impressive spread of home-baked pastries and fresh fruit. Coffee was hot and ready at 7:00 am. I loved the carafes of hot water (and coffee) in the evening- I'm a tea drinker.

I loved being able to sit in the adirondack chairs outside the Inn, reading my book and drinking coffee.

The location in reference to the beach was superb! A simple two-minute walk and I was beach side. Loved that.

Lisa was absolutely delightful and I truly enjoyed chatting with her. She provided me with a comfortable place to stay and warm Southern hospitality that you simply wouldn't receive at a hotel.

Thank you, Lisa and Elizabeth.

Note: I enjoyed this location so much that I am returning mid-July to enjoy the Nags Head Beach Inn and the OBX with my husband.

Room tip: Jacuzzi tub was a bonus. They only have a few rooms with them.
Date of stay: May 2013