“great experience, great house”

Review of SNH014-Sea Dancer

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Missy B
“RENTER BEWARE”
Reviewed 4 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

Please Note I tried to review this on Rental Company Site but lol....they do not post reviews unless they approve them....uhmmmm wonder why?
Best way to review this house is to paste a copy of email I sent to rental company as that sums up how I feel. EMAIL COPY-We have been coming to Nags Head every year for the last 30 years, this is the first time we have rented a house from your company and I am not at all pleased.
I already called about Internet which comes and goes, my daughter who works on line has had to use her own hot spot much of the time. The man you sent out simply told us to reset the router each time that happens....really? Maybe a new router is needed.
Called about leak over pool table....man came out and told us to put a trashcan under it when we take a shower??? Told him I was concerned because water was dripping from lights over pool table, but I was told it was nothing to worry about breaker would flip....hummmm is that really a good idea?
Man said this has been going on a while and when the house isn't rented the will come pull ceiling out and make repairs.

Water dripping in bunk room downstairs....man said turn down thermostat so when we turned down thermostat downstairs it started dripping from vents upstairs....so we turned it up and opened some Windows....that is the ones that have screens...
Carpet in downstairs bedroom is soaked by single bed the one the leak is on.
By the way the many....air fresheners downstairs...the ones that cover pet smells do not cover up smell of dog pee....perhaps someone should shampoo downstairs although maybe someone tried because carpet is stickey....I would not recommend bare feet downstairs it's pretty yucky....by the way I'm a dog lover although we didn't bring ours....I don't blame the dogs maybe owners should have walked the more...not your fault but the pee smell needs to be taken care of...I couldn't even go downstairs because or smell. The pet freshener don't get Reid of it they just make it smell like somebody craped a flower.
And there were soooooo many downstairs that their smell was worst than dog pee smell....several of us were sneezing and had watery, burning eyes from air freshener overkill.

Oh by the way the game next to pool table was already broken when we arrived.

Forget swimming or hot tubing at night lights are out on both.
Trying to use downstairs frig....uhmmmm a little hard....it has no shelves.
Dryer has to be run 2-3 times to dry normal load....hard when there are 18 people in the house.
Not enough forks, spoons or glasses went to store and bought plastic.
No blender....went to Kmart and bought one but I'm sure not going to leave it.
Rail going into pool lose....don't trust it....
Margarita Glasses were put away dirty had to wash them b4 use.
Then to top it off kitchen sink handle broke off....made kitchen clean up interesting.

Why are the tables so sticky even after being washed?

Haven't bothered to call due to results of how first call was handled....figure someone would come out and tell ME how to fix it.

Can you tell I'm not real happy....if my children hadn't been looking so forward to this vacation and if my sons hadn't taken off work...I would have went back home.

This house was once was nice but needs a great deal of general upkeep and repair.

If anyone ask me what I enjoyed most about this years vacation....it was DIFFENTLY Maira....it was great  for kite flying.
Noticed there are no reviews on this house.......that means I get to be the first.....sad to say I did find some NOW....not on your sight.....found them on another sight.....wish I would have searched BEFORE renting.....seems my problems here are nothing new,

Result of above email was I recived a call back and was told problems would be addressed on off season but it was up to owners what would be done. Oh and they did send someone out to fix step off deck AFTER the lose board caused me to fall. Never again at this house or with this company.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Fred G
Mechanicstown, OH
“Needs a lot of work and TLC”
Reviewed 31 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Stayed in this house the last week of July 2016. The house needs a lot of work and TLC. Numerous deck boards are loose with nails exposed. The dryer runs continuously. The pool area was left very dirty with weeds growing out on the inside of the fence and out from under the hot tub. Lights were missing lightbulbs. The walkway to the beach is almost impassable and the deck on top of the dune is a mess. Fly strips hanging from the ceiling.
We called the real estate company, Outer Banks Blue, numerous times about our concerns only to be strung along until the end of the week. They did send a maintenance person on Thursday, only to tell us their was black mold around the refrigerator in the basement and in one of the bedrooms on the second floor (this is what was causing the bad smell throughout the bottom two floors).
If I owned this house and the property management company left it in this condition I would be very upset.
Renter beware!

Travellers are raving about these Nags Head hotels

Goochland
Reviewed 15 November 2011 for a stay in October 2011

VA
Reviewed 21 October 2011 for a stay in September 2011
person found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 55-64
Management Response
21 Oct 2011
Dear Sammy,

Thanks for your review of "Sea Dancer." We apologize that this property did not satisfy your group completely.
This house is one of our most popular properties due to the oceanfront location and the fact that the property is a dog friendly home. We do endeavor to do extra cleaning at the house to ensure those without pets are not negatively affected by the owners giving the privilege of bringing their furry friends. I hope you did not have a negative feeling about this property because of that.
We look forward to serving you again soon.

All the best from the beach!
PA
Reviewed 29 September 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing