All reviews honeymoon suite hardwood floors balcony overlooking the outer banks roanoke sound full kitchen nice kitchen sound side living room romantic getaway water view beautiful room covered parking place to stay bottle of champagne roanoke island off season
Reviewed 6 October 2011

The Oasis Suites was a beautiful stay in Nags Head. We arrived with flower petals on our bed, dark chocolate-dipped strawberries, an assortment of cheese and crackers and a bottle of champagne. Our suite was exactly as the pictures on the website - immaculately clean! The bed was extremely comfortable. We had the Jacuzzi tub in our bathroom and candles were setup around it which was very romantic. The location was close by to everything you need. We will return to stay here when we go to the Outer Banks.

Room tip: If you are on you Honeymoon, request te Honeymoon or the Executive Suite.
Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank JCL1986
Reviewed 21 August 2011

My husband and I go to the Outer Banks area about 2 or 3 times per year and we just took our first "family trip" with our 1 year old. For that reason, I really wanted a suite so my son could be closed off from me and my husband. This was perfect! It was a convenient location near beach access, restaurants we like, etc. We enjoyed the pool and kiddie pool on site. The suite was beautiful. We loved having the kitchenette, which was stocked well with dishes, toaster, utensils, etc. It was a plus to have our own balcony. I thought the price was competitive with other hotels for in season. Would definitely stay there again and have already recommended it to my in laws who also like to go to the Outer Banks a few times a year.

Room tip: Call and talk to the staff rather than do everything through the internet. Staff was helpful.
Reviewed 8 August 2011

This was the perfect answer for a long weekend trip. Well appointed, cared forand roomy with lovely views. The staff was accomodating and friendly, the cleaning crew did a terrific job each day, plenty of towels,etc. I do wish the bedroom had a mirror on the wall and the dining table needs a light over it, but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back.
One big drawback - who polices the pool? Was not able to enjoy the pool one afternoon because 2 families and their children were using it and being extremely rude and loud. the parents were allowing the children to jump, dive and run around.
Other than that we really enjoyed our stay and will stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2011
1  Thank FLAnywhere
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I can't say enough about this place. If you looking for a change from the Oceanfront motels...I recommend for a change staying here at the Oasis! You will not be disappointed by the view of sound and the outstanding sunsets. The service was wonderful and everyone could not have been nicer!

I finally found a clean & modern hotel in Hotel in Nags Head!

PS---The beds are wonderful!

Room tip: Ask for a room on bottom floor with doors that open out to the sound!
Reviewed 3 August 2011

This hotel is located on the water, but not on the beach. The unit was well equipped and decorated nicely. Very clean and comfortable. The hotel staff was very nice and even helped us with finding accommodations in Washington, DC, a later destination. My children, ages 6 & 8, enjoyed crabbing off the peer in front of room. We caught a dozen of nice blue crabs in about an hour fairly easily. The unit has a nice kitchen to boil or steam your catch. My children enjoyed this more than day at the beach. We traveled for 10 days starting in Charleston and ending in Washington DC. We stayed at some very nice hotels, but the Oasis was by far the nicest.

Room tip: Request water view at same price.