“Great place to stay from the Blue Ridge Parkway”
Review of Mayberry Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Airy
Mayberry Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Mount Airy
Reviewed 9 October 2011

This was a stop over on a three day trip along the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was really easy to find, even in the dark.
We arrived after dark and left really early, we didn't take time to look at the "Aunt Bea" room or at the police car and truck outside.
The room was clean, the tv worked, the bathroom was fine.
When I called and made the reservation, they were very friendly, as was the boy who checked us in.
Overall it was a very nice stay.
All ground floor rooms that you can park right in front of.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 September 2011

I stayed overnight (Friday, September 16) in Room 107. The room was very clean, with matching furniture and everything appeared to be almost new. The bathroom was very small, but neat and spotless. The appearance of this place does harken back to the '60s both in architecture and the staff. There's a neat old 1960s police car out front, and some good photo ops.

Enjoyed myself and would recommend it to travelers in the area.

Room Tip: It's right on the parkway, but we didn't hear traffic noise.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chaz343
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I found out this property has belonged to the owner for 40 plus years. She works at the front deskmas does her daughter. It is a motel. A throw back to when our parents travelled. Very clean, convenient, a safe place to park my bike and I liked it a lot.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 108. Non smoker and it is the closest to the lobby. Clean room and good place to...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jlane1953
Reviewed 21 August 2011

All the complaints written here are just that. If you want Hilton, then stay at the Hilton.
Mayberry Inn is quaint and clean, and for the price you can't beat it.
It's not suppose to be a new everything updated motel, it's what it is, and I loved my stay there. In fact we are going back there this week to stay. I give it five stars!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Very clean. I get it that the outside needs to look old-timey, but the inside of the rooms don't need to look like they were last updated when MC Hammer wasn't a reverend. You have to reserve rooms over the phone, so no evidence of what you reserved. I reserved a non-smokinng king or queen and they gave me a smoking double bed room. They were booked and offered a refund (not a good plan seeing almost all the hotels in town had no vacancy) or to reduce my rate by five bucks. I don't smoke and hate smoking and thought five dollars wasn't a very good discount for their mistake, but I took as I didn't see a good alternative. Grounds weren't quite as attractive as advertised. I probably would stay someone else next time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 2 in Pilot Mountain

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Mount Airy

Been to Mayberry Motor Inn? Share your experiences!