Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewshome away from homelong term stayrecommend this hotelgreat priceenjoyed my stayangelaairportwalmartrduraleigh
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2015

The front desk seemed extremely nice and were very helpful. Throughout the whole visit I have nothing bad to say about them.

My hotel room on the other hand....the first room I was given was clearly not cleaned, the trash was full, bedding was everywhere and all the towels were used in the bathroom. I called the front desk and since the hotel cleaners had left for the day, she put me in a different room.

This room was much better, I can tell it was a recently renovated room. I was happy, until about 11:15pm when someone opened the door to my room. I was asleep so this terrified me. The person quickly realized I was in there and apologized and shut the door. At this point I jumped out of bed and started getting dressed. Not long after I got a call from the front desk asking who I was and how I ended up in the room. Again, she was very nice and seemed like she was just trying to rectify the problem. I let her know they switched my rooms earlier because the original room I was put in had not been cleaned. It seems like she had given the room to another person, probably due to lack of communication.

I couldn't sleep well the rest of the night so I got up early to leave. I had to make two trips to the car so when I went back for the second trip, I found out my key card wasn't working. I'm sure it had something to do with the mix up from the previous night. Again, the front office rectified it quickly but, at that point, I was just exhausted of the hotel.

I will not be staying here again, but I appreciate the friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 March 2015

I will preface with saying that we had to seek a hotel due to inclement weather and prolonged power outages in the area, most hotel/motels/no-tels in the area were at maximum occupancy. When we arrived, two hours after reservation, the desk clerk was unprofessional. She immediately questioned my reservation and I explained that I had booked online several hours ago. In between chatting with a gentleman that did not appear to be staff and giving eye rolls, she then informed me that she didn't have internet and suggested that I return in 20 minutes or so to check in. Again, we we in the midst of inclement weather. After insisting that she register me and producing my confirmation number she checked us into our room and gave us the key but said that our room wouldn't be clean for another 20 minutes. Our room was on the 3rd floor and the elevator was out of order "because of the weather." When we did finally get to the room, after climbing ice covered stairs and found the bed was a very small queen, there was still some debris on the floor and the toilet paper roll was empty.

There appears to be some long term guests that are appear to be residents as opposed to prolonged business travelers. There was little insulation to blunt the noise from other guests walking outside the room and being able to hear traffic and conversations.

As for the offerings of breakfast, I believe there were better offerings at the gas station across the street.

In hindsight, I would have rather continued to freeze in my own home without power for another 24 hours and survive on milk and bread than spend a night here again.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 December 2014

My room was comfortable and clean. Pretty basic, which is what I expected for the great price I got. The very best part of my stay was the friendly staff. They went out of their way to make sure everything was good.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2014

The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am glad to know that my staff was able to make your stay comfortable. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at rdu2@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay America location in the future.

Reviewed 12 December 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night and immediately cancelled my other two nights. There were strange people lurking around outside on the floor I stayed on which was very uncomfortable. The first room key I was given was for a room that appeared occupied! I was horrified when I walked in. Once I got to a vacant room, it was the worst nights sleep I have ever had at a hotel in my entire life, and I travel 80% for work so that is saying something. All night and all morning, any neighbor to the left, right, above or below you who allows their door to slam shut will shake your room. It was a nightmare. Also, I had a "nonsmoking" room. What this meant for me was that someone had definitely been smoking in there and housekeeping masked it with some truly terrible smelling chemicals. I got hives as soon as I stepped foot in the room. Never again for me.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2014

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am so disappointed to read that you were initially checked into the incorrect room, and that you experienced noise disturbances from neighboring guests. Please accept my apology. In response to your review, I will work with my front desk staff to review our check-in procedures to ensure that we are providing guests with the correct room. As well, I will be working with my maintenance staff to fix the doors so they do not slam as intensely so that your experience is not repeated. I would also like to apologize that your non-smoking room had been smoked in. I will be working with my team to better monitor smoking at our hotel. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at rdu@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 16 November 2014

NEVER in my life have too deal with bed bugs, but in this gross place I got bed bug bites. I had to left the luggage and checked out as soon that I foun d out that the bites I got was bed bug bites. The bed bug that I killed was like 1/4" big. In addition, the kitchen sink was totally gross plus the bathtub was clog. I will NEVER in my life stay in that place again. I stayed there since I travel due to my job, but as soon as I told my boss what happened they moved me immediately.

• Stayed: November 2014