Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Reviewed 19 September 2014

I've been staying here at this location for over 6 months now and although I am finally moving out to a new apartment I will miss this "home away from home". I have to say, the girls in the office are the reason this was our home for this long. Specifically, Jennifer. Jennifer always made my day, either with a smile, making me laugh, or offering to go up and beyond her duties. I recently had back surgery and not only did she call to tell me I had mail, she offered to walk it up for me. All the girls in the office are amazing, and all of them were very compensating. Even our dog "shamus" loved everyone and everyone always went out of their way to say hello to him, even though he had a tendency to be a little loud. The house keepers are friendly and make sure our room was always clean and always offered if we needed anything. The grounds keeper works very hard to make sure the property is always clean and free of debris. It's a team effort, they all work together and it shows. I want to thank you all very much for making this our home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. You wont be disappointed. And if you stay, tell them "Mimi" sent you!!
Keep up the good work gang, and if I ever need a "home away from home" there is no doubt or question as to where I will be staying.
Thank you so very much, you will be missed.

Room Tip: Pet friendly was the first selling point for me. Everyone even makes your pet feel welcome. The room...
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 September 2014

by visiting this place it was a great experiance the hostess that checked us in carol was the best hostess you could have that would help you with you needs and make sure that you are always happy with her positive attitude and wonderful way of talking to people im surprised she is not a manager i will tell you this with people like carol working at extended stay you will never have to worry about me not coming back i love this place and thanks for makeing my stay plus my family stay so wonderful carol at extended stay in morrisville,north carolina

Room Tip: room in the whole extended stay are quieter then any place i've ever been to
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2014

I booked a one-night stay here because, oh, seven or eight months ago, I had stayed at the same property and found it to be adequate -- clean, quiet enough, in a good location. It has gone outrageously downhill since then. Or maybe I just lucked out on the first stay. By any account, here was our experience:

- Checked in. The receptionist, for her part, was very friendly and helpful. In fact, she was the only good point about this hotel, and I'm sure that if it hadn't been for her, I would have left immediately. We were given a room key. Unpacked our luggage, headed to the room...and someone was already in there. At first I worried I had the wrong room, as the room numbers were taped on the wall outside the rooms.

- Went back to change rooms. The receptionist seemed genuinely horrified that we'd had this experience, apologized, and said the system showed no one in the room. Gave us another key.

-Went to the room, unpacked. I should mention that it was late, it was raining, and by "we" I mean my six-year-old daughter and myself. My daughter walked into the bathroom and said "Mom, you may want to come look at this." The bathtub faucet and other metal parts at that end of the tub were covered in mold that looked as though it had sprouted pustules. I took a picture of it.

- Back to the reception desk. Showed the receptionist the picture. She again seemed genuinely horrified that we had experienced this. She offered us a new room, and upgraded us to a king room for our trouble.

- Got in the new room. It smelled of smoke when we're originally booked a nonsmoking room, the sink had signs of mild mold on the drain, and the trash under the sink had not been emptied. But, hey, it was the best out of three that night.

It was an almost comically bad experience. I'm a proponent of the "you get what you pay for" attitude up to a certain point -- but that should apply mostly to room size, location, amenities, and so on. We paid for a room that was sanitary and clean, and we did not receive that bare minimum.

I will absolutely never stay here again, I will be contacting the company directly with my complaint, and I strongly advise anyone (especially those traveling with children) to avoid this rundown health hazard.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2014

We had a great time staying at this location. Great Staff and great service. My wife has special needs and the staff is very accommodating. I would recommend this location to all travelers. Great location near I 40.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We came in and they gave us room which was not cleaned. So after complain they moved us to another room which was on 3rd floor and the stairs to 3rd floor were blocked as there was paint work going on. We took the far away elevator and reached the room to find there were cockroaches in the room. We freaked out.
After complaining again, they asked if we can adjust with the cockroaches as there are no other rooms available. That was so freaking. so we asked them to return money and we can check out. At this point, they gave us another room, which wasn't very good, but we cud spend night over there.
Please dont stay here even if they are offering it for free.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AnantOnVacation
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the pests and cleanliness issues you encountered during your stay is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have had our rooms serviced by pest control. I have also reviewed cleanliness standards with my housekeeping staff to ensure that your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at rdu@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh International Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Durham Airport S
5.6 km away
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Harrison Ave.
14.4 km away
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Regency Parkway South
11.6 km away
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley

Been to Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport? Share your experiences!