“PLEASE READ:( :( want my money BACK!!!!!”
Review of Queens Landing

Queens Landing
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Mother's Day Dinner cruise was HUGE disappointment. My sister and I paid a lot for this so called dinner (not even worth calling a dinner)..
FIRST: They were 30 minutes late letting us board for the cruise.
SECOND: The so called salad (bed of mixed greens only) was already on each table with the dressing drizzled over it, and was very small, less than a cup.
THIRD: the glass of water already on the table was warm no ice.
FOURTH: the meal arrives... My mother order chicken marsala which it was NOT; it was a dry, cold, plain piece of baked chicken with a canned white gravy poured over it- yuck. My sister and I choose the salmon; it was over cooked and cold. The potatoes and green beans were unseasoned and COLD. I asked for ice to go in my water it took forever.
FIFTH: the dessert was and I am serious a half cup of melted chocolate ice-cream and sliced peaches. REALLY!
SIXTH: The boat was hot, dirty, and needed to be updated.
SEVENTH: The staff was dressed in gym shorts, cargo pants, T-shirts. When you pay that much for a dinner on the lake you expect the staff to be in black pants and white shirt or something nice.
EIGHTH: The live music was too loud on the top deck and the main floor speakers didn't even work.
NINTH: This was a huge mistake and my five year old granddaughter could have cook a better meal with play dough than what they served. I am VERY VERY dissatisfied and DO NOT recommend anyone to waste their time or money.
TENTH: I WANT MY MONY BACK....

10  Thank awadreamer
in 38 reviews
"captain"
in 48 reviews

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

30 minutes late boarding Lady of The Lake. No 'Ho'of the Lake because she was nasty and dirty. Dirty table clothe, inside windows had food/drink splattered all over them . Warm salad/dressing, nasty wilted salad greens;unconsumable.Cold overcooked salmon, cold potatoes, bland green beans. Terrible service, short staffed. Bad attitude from the so-called 'captain'. I refused the tablespoon of 'peach cobbler' that was served for dessert. And a good dozen of large spiders hanging from the many webs outside the windows that we were suppose to enjoy the view from. Ive been on many dinner cruises BUT this was the absolute worst. I DO NOT recommend this so called 'yacht' to anyone. Do not attempt. You will be disappointed. I just wanted out!!!!!

5  Thank DurhamChic56
Reviewed 14 May 2018

The Mother’s Day brunch cruise was unsatisfactory on the Lady of the Lake this year. It was a big disappointment from the experience we received on the Catawba Queen Mother’s Day brunch last year. I was hoping to give my mother and godmother at least the same quality of experience based on last year’s trip though we were on a different boat.

Some of the issues included but not limited to:
1. The cruise was more than 30 minutes late boarding.
2. A friend called well in advance to have our tables combined and was told it was done. However, it was not done when we boarded. Accommodations were made to connect our tables which created an awkward block to the buffet line.
3. The food was overcooked. Some of the bacon was burned. Many of the biscuits were hard, crunchy, and there were not enough for all those aboard.
4. Our area kept getting missed for drink orders so we eventually had to go to the bar area to request them.
5. The stewards of the boat seemed to be highly disorganized in keeping things covered. It appeared to be an issue of being understaffed. There was one person serving the food which caused a huge backup at the buffet line.

I could continue with issues but I believe the point is made and you can clearly see why this year’s Mother’s Day brunch was inadequate.
Hopefully these issues will be reviewed to make next year’s Mother’s Day brunch a pleasure for all to enjoy.

Anita

4  Thank nusong3
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

This cruise that we are on is such an insult to take a mother on. Food which was suppose to be a four course meal, was worst than our lunch we had at Sonnys Bar b cue. The price they charged for this for real,should give refund. Understaffed and poor service. Would not recommend anything but just taking a ride on boat.

3  Thank tarheel919
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 May 2018

This is my 4th time riding the Catawba Queen and all of my experiences were great except for this one. We were told to arrive 30 minutes early in which we had to wait almost 45 minutes to even get onto the boat. I had a special request that I had placed online and "never" did we get the request. We went up top to get a better view of the tour and there were " Spiders and Cobwebs EVERYWHERE" and food on the floor. I was really embarrassed for my guest because I had hyped up the tour boat and boy was I wrong this time. Cleaning crew really needs to do better.

3  Thank Kel e