“Average at best”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 3 March 2017

I went to Koumi Express for Somen and what was served was ramen or pancit noodles NOT somen noodles. The chicken was dry and the sweet carrot coins were too soft with way too much sugar used in the boil. The Mixed Veg plate was 3/4 rice with small chopped, over cooked vegetables so they had no texture. The side sauce is bought in bulk and served at many Japanese/Korean fast food restaurants. Very disappointed. I usually give quick oriental food places a break because the cooks are just that - cooks, not chefs. The food was not inedible just not very well prepared.

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

We , eat here a lot the food is always fresh you may have to wait in line in the takeout drive thru but for food that you can drive through and pick up its darn good fairly priced in the people that work there are awesome

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Had the shrimp. It was great. Have also tried the salmon and enjoyed it as well. I like being able to get lunch at a drive thru and eat reasonably good for low cost.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

This restaurant introduced me to Japanese food when we moved to Monroe years ago. It's when I learned that shrimp sauce was God's gift to food!! If you are in Monroe visiting and you want to be sure to get good food at a good price...THIS is a safe bet. I usually get Teriaki or Hibachi chicken with broccoli or mixed veggies. My hubs is not so much a fan of veggies so he orders what he wants with mushrooms. You can custom your orders and they don't flinch a bit. TERRIFIC food.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

I have eaten inside and have used the drive thru many times. The food is always consistent and delicious. Our plates always have generous portions of our choice of chicken or beef as well as rice and carrots. The staff is friendly and offer fast service. I love the hibachi chicken but have tried their Koumi special for 2 which has chicken, steak, and shrimp with the regular sides plus soup or salad with ginger dressing. Dining inside is very casual. Just place your order and seat yourself. The server will bring your order when ready.

Been to Koumi Express? Share your experiences!