“Better than we expected! :)”

Huey's Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Ranked #24 of 75 Restaurants in Mebane
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I came here not sure what to expect based on the reviews. My husband ordered the regular catfish which was three pieces and cooked very nicely. It tasted good. I had fried jumbo shrimp and scallops which tasted great. The baked potatoes we had on the side were good too. I only wish they offered REAL butter instead of the horrible spread, because I'm sure the delicious hush puppies would have been great with real butter as well. We had crab dip as an appetizer and it was good but a little heavy on the sage or whatever the herb was in there that tasted like Thanksgiving. Our server was great and was super attentive so great job there. Overall a nice local place we will be going back to.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

On an early Sunday evening, the waitress was very nice, the hushpuppies and slaw were good, the fried okra should be taken off the menu and the bar-b-q was fair at best. The place appeared clean but we would try somewhere else next time.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

So every Sunday the special is, .60 wings,steamed oysters, steamed shrimp. I hardly ever eat there not on a Sunday. My girlfriend and I ate there last night with another couple.

I have eaten there hundreds of times in my life and it's always been great. Not the greatest oysters I have ever had but they are really good (you are also talking about a place 150+ miles to the closest beach). Last night was the first time I have ever tried the shrimp and they were also great.

The wings are probably the best wings I've had, the sauce choices are slim but all are great.

Next Sunday I'm off I'll be there.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Locally owned, good seafood, good wings, good burgers. Lots of sides, including salads and veggies. Worth a visit!

Reviewed 20 February 2017

They were short wait staff when we arrived on a Saturday evening which was unfortunate because there was plenty tables available and people were waiting a long time. Most food was fried and the portions not overly abundant. Cole slaw was wonderful. Ribs were also good. We spent $40 on 2 entrees and we left full but not stuffed. We waited a long time to check out. We probably won't make it back.