“We enjoy dining at Hueys”

Huey's Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Ranked #24 of 78 Restaurants in Mebane
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Locally owned, good seafood, good wings, good burgers. Lots of sides, including salads and veggies. Worth a visit!

Reviewed 20 February 2017

They were short wait staff when we arrived on a Saturday evening which was unfortunate because there was plenty tables available and people were waiting a long time. Most food was fried and the portions not overly abundant. Cole slaw was wonderful. Ribs were also good. We spent $40 on 2 entrees and we left full but not stuffed. We waited a long time to check out. We probably won't make it back.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Right after we moved to the community about two years ago we tried Huey's on a weekend night. Service wasn't too good and seafood was just okay.
Today I had a notion to give them a try again. I ordered a 3-combination seafood plate to go on the phone about 20 minutes before they opened. They answered the phone and took the order. That was a good start since they weren't officially open. The gentleman taking the order advised they would be open at 12:00 noon and would have it ready for me.
When I arrived right at noon, they were open and my order was being boxed.
I took it to the car and checked it for correctness and planned to get a bite to drive on - but it was still too hot. After driving about a mile home, I started to eat.
Delicious! Fried flounder, fried oysters and fried jumbo shrimp were cooked perfectly and smelled fresh.
The shrimp were very lightly battered - just like at Pop's Raw Bar in Buxton, NC - one of my favorite places when we lived at the beach.
The baked potato was perfectly baked and obviously fresh today. Cole slaw was good - not too sugared up like some places like to do,
I will be eating there again soon. If things change, I'll do an update.
As a footnote, the reason I answered "Not Sure" on the questions about whether the place is a pub is because it does have an adjoining "Oyster Bar" that I have not been in.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

It's been a while since we ate at Huey's and decided to give it another try. Food was hot and portions were substantial. We only ordered seafood and feel that the prices were very fair for seafood. Flounder was thick and flaky and jumbo shrimp life up to its name. Cole slaw is excellent

Our waitress was Kallie and she was attentive and personable. I hope she stays there.

One request: The interior is in sore need of a makeover to brighten the place up a little.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

Huey's looks nice from the outside---and when you get inside. Clean, rather plain but it's okay. Lots of four- and six-tops, and the ability to configure for a group (which we saw the night we were there).

We were in the mood for fish, and the sign out front does say Oyster Bar... so we ordered a scallop dinner and blackened salmon. The scallops were obviously frozen---and UNDERcooked; tasteless; coated in some glop. How can you make tasteless blackened salmon (also frozen)? They know how. And OVERcooked, to boot. The baked potatoes were just warm. Should I point out that presentation is awful? Although any kind of garnish would have been pointless.

I tried to order a drink from the bar, but the waitress was unable to answer my questions about a drink.

There is no reason to return here.

Been to Huey's Restaurant & Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!