“Great Family Dining”
Review of Junction on 70

Junction on 70
Ranked #20 of 80 Restaurants in Mebane
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a casual sit-down restaurant that serves burgers and pizzas. It's family owned by locals and the quality is consistent. If you're looking for a relaxed place to grab a bite, this is a nice stop in downtown. I love getting a salad and the tomato soup. My daughter likes the generous portion of popcorn shrimp on the kids menu, and my hubby likes the burgers. The pizza is my favorite in town and available for takeout.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

pizza wonderful. Went to get as a quick takeout. Restaurant clean, staff helpful and friendly. Family are pizza snobs and this place got high marks. Will be there a lot.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

I went for weekday lunch. Parked on the street in front; however, there is a parking lot on the street behind with access to the restaurant at the rear. Great food, great service, great value, pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

This is a pleasant space to eat in, and there's a dirt parking lot in the back. The servers are also very pleasant, though the ones that served me seemed inexperienced. When they asked me how my meal was and I pointed out that I could not eat the pork chop, they didn't offer to substitute something else or take a little off the bill.

The pork chop came with a foul STENCH reminiscent of that famous brown emoji. Now, I don't like BBQ sauce so I thought this might be some awful permutation of that, but when I got it home and could separate it from the rest of the food, it came down to pure stench. Perhaps this was from whatever they grilled it over. The chop was also hard and dry as a rock. Alas, poor pig, to have sacrificed itself for such treatment! RIP.

HOWEVER, the side salad was generous and delicious, loaded with very fresh veggies and both kinds of olives. Enjoyed! The veggies that came with the dreaded pork chop were also quite nice. The gnocchi was so-so. It was supposed to have come with a sauce, but I couldn't find or taste one.

Since I couldn't eat the pork chop I ordered cheesecake for dessert. It arrived: frozen solid. I'm hoping that in a few hours I'll be able to enjoy it because it smells lovely. However (I'm always saying that with this place!), it arrived with ZERO garnish. I can't recall a previous time that a restaurant served a dessert without a garnish. I could have gone to a grocery store's freezer and bought the same for cheaper.

Needless to say, I think this will be the last time I dine here unless someone tells me that things have greatly improved.

1  Thank CarolStrick
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

We made a stop in Mebane on our way to the coast. So glad we checked out Junction on 70! Food was awesome and a nice vibe throughout the restaurant. The owner was there and very in touch with the customers who were eating. Manager was nice as well! Very enjoyable and will definitely be back anytime we are in the area! Try the spicy chicken dip - super good!

Been to Junction on 70? Share your experiences!