“Great Food, Awesome People and Wonderful Atmosphere!”
Review of Hinsons Drive-In

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hinsons Drive-In
Ranked #102 of 206 Restaurants in Matthews
Reviewed 14 May 2015

This is one of those must go to places. Great food, awesome people working there and a just good atmosphere. The hamburgers and hot dogs are among the best in town! Phil and his staff are friendly and just plain make you feel at home. One of those places where you never meet a stranger and know everyone before you leave. I would recommend you visit.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

If you're looking for a come as you are type place, well....this is it....I'll give 'em that. But this place is horrible! My son and I went and only ordered an ice tea, 2 burgers (no sides come with the $4.50 burger and it was not that great) and onion rings and our total was $15.00. A total waste of money! We waited 65 minutes for our food and it was not busy at all. It is a dilapidated building that reaked of kerosene (there were 2 in there running for heat) and it was just plain dirty. Don't waste your money! It was not worth the money and makes me mad that I spent it on this crap.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Best hamburger you will ever eat.Also, clean and very 50s and 60s atmosphere. Want to talk sports, fine. Want to talk politics , leave it at the door.

Reviewed 7 October 2011

Located in a slightly dilapidated building on a strange little road that runs parallel to Independence, Hinson's has some pretty tasty burgers. What's strange is when you walk in it appears to be a bar with a small crowd of mellow locals drinking their suds.

Hinson's we were told has been around for nearly 50 years and was originally a drive-in for burgers and beer back in the day when the neighboring county was dry.

The prices were right so my buddy and I ordered a couple burgers. I had the Hinson's Burger with everything (tasty!) and my buddy the Chili burger (not enough chili say he) and we shared some tots.

We were surprised by the number of families (old and young) that came in to eat or take out. The bartender/cook was very enjoyable and entertaining and dealt well with her peanut gallery of regulars.

Try this place. Tasty and very affordable. Closes at 7.

1  Thank mrkickit