“Pretty good burgers and an eclectic group.”
Review of Hinsons Drive-In

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hinsons Drive-In
Ranked #100 of 196 Restaurants in Matthews
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Located in a slightly dilapidated building on a strange little road that runs parallel to Independence, Hinson's has some pretty tasty burgers. What's strange is when you walk in it appears to be a bar with a small crowd of mellow locals drinking their suds.

Hinson's we were told has been around for nearly 50 years and was originally a drive-in for burgers and beer back in the day when the neighboring county was dry.

The prices were right so my buddy and I ordered a couple burgers. I had the Hinson's Burger with everything (tasty!) and my buddy the Chili burger (not enough chili say he) and we shared some tots.

We were surprised by the number of families (old and young) that came in to eat or take out. The bartender/cook was very enjoyable and entertaining and dealt well with her peanut gallery of regulars.

Try this place. Tasty and very affordable. Closes at 7.

1  Thank mrkickit