“My favorite little get away-- ever!”
other traveller has booked this property
Front entranceway
Cedar soak tub and mountain view Exterior view with mountains
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Cedar soak tub and mountain view
Exterior view with mountains
Dining area with cork and tile wall
Kitchen with homemade pottery and stainless steel countertops
Living room
Kitchen with stainless steel countertops, handmade pottery dishes and phenomenal view
The gardens around the cedar soaking tub
Cedar soaking tub with mountain view
Cedar soaking tub with view of the mountains
Sitting room
Patio view of the cottage with weber grill, outdoor fire pit and picnic table
Master bedroom with king bed
Front entrance
Second bedroom with queen bed
Upstairs full bathroom with stainless countertops and pottery collage decoration
Stacked washer / drivery
Guest book
The back of the cottage
Front of cottage from the road
Cedar soak tub and mountain view
The gristmill at East Fork Farm
Misty - our farm cat
Laying hens perusing for bugs
Lamb playing in the pasture
Buddy - our miniature Sicilian donkey
Turkeys ranging in the pasture
Rabbits eating some treats
Gathering eggs
A view of the pasture
The gristmill
The grain barn
Sheep grazing in the pasture behind the cottage
Snowy picture of the farm
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Alison H
Savannah, Georgia, United States
“My favorite little get away-- ever!”
Reviewed 16 October 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

This is our second time staying at East Fork Cottage. (Aug 2014 and Oct 2014). We stayed for a long weekend in August when we picked up our daughter from Girl Scout camp. We are serial vacation rental renters, and my husband has proclaimed this is our best find yet! Great decor, very clean, super charming, updated appliances, great gas grill, fire pit all nestled in a beautiful little valley below the farm.

The host farm is a quick and pleasant walk. dawn and Steve's daughter gave out kids a tour around the farm. They got to hold baby bunnies, see a baby cow, and collect eggs. A huge highlight for both of the kids.

We loved it here so much, we booked a quick little 2 night "grown up vacation" during the peak leaf changing season. (Beautiful!!). It completed exceeded our expectations, again!

Highly recommend.

Joe S
Wellington, Florida
“Great getaway”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

Great location only 25 minuted to Asheville. The home is a perfect getaway location for peace and quite and downtime. We stayed there with our 4 year old son - Two rooms were perfectly accommodated with comfortable mattresses, high quality sheets, and plenty of warm blankets. Central A/C and heat upstairs and a smaller wall unit downstairs coupled with the gas fireplace provided plenty of warmth during our rather cold stay. They have thought of everything for a family - baby gate for the stairs, plenty of toys (cars truck dolls games puzzles) for all ages. A hot tub for the adults that was great on the cold nights. We toured the hosts farm (next door) and met the cows, donkey, rabbits, chickens, lambs, dogs and a cat. All very friendly. If you don't enjoy the fresh smell of a working farm this may not be for you - inside the house there were no noticeable smells - just in the wind outside... Highly recommended rental property - very affordable, clean and newly updated. Including a complete kitchen (gas stove, full size refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee pot, washer dryer anything you could need. They also supply fresh eggs right from the farm, honey, jam and coffee... We would return if we decide to return to Asheville.

Liked best: Peaceful inviting
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Purplelad...
Asheville, North Carolina
“Awesome getaway for some serious relaxation!”
Reviewed 29 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012
people found this review helpful

My husband and I recently stayed here to get away from our hectic lives and to spend some time together. I have been buying eggs, chicken, and lamb from Stephen at the tailgate market for years now, and have been saying that I wanted to come out and stay. I FINALLY made it happen! I must say that the pictures represent the place well, but it has sooo much more to offer! It took us exactly 40 minutes to get here from our south Asheville home. I asked my husband when we got there if he felt like he had gotten away with such a short drive. He laughed! It took some old school winging it at the end, because our GPS got confused, but we were good with that! It's part of the adventure folks! They posted several signs a few miles away directing you to the farm, which were very helpful! I was surprised at how close the road was, but later realized that we only heard 3 cars the entire time that we were there. My husband said that he thought that the road actually dead ended up a ways. They have done a lot of things around the house to give it its own privacy, which was much appreciated. I think that this place is located in a great spot. There are lots of things to do in the area, if you need to "Do something," and leave the farm! I'm not sure why you would want to though.
The place was very clean, and it had everything you could possibly need! I really liked Dawn's pottery. Her face jugs are awesome! Being a Chef, I loved the gas range and the big cast iron skillet! This made me feel right at home! The gift of eggs and meat (from their farm), the local jam, honey, and coffee that they leave you is a very nice touch. I thought that the kitchen was really well equipped. They really weren't kidding when they said that they had it all, including spices! We also really enjoyed the outside space. Sitting in the cedar soaking tub and watching the sheep run down the field and hang out was really cool. We even enjoyed meeting their friend, Buddy, the donkey.
This place was quite big for the 2 of us, but I could see that it would be wonderful for a family! There are lots of toys and games there too. We even got a game of Jenga going one night. We did wander up and check out the smaller cabin, which we will probably stay in the next time we come (it was booked one of the nights that we were there). It has a wonderful view of the farm as it is tucked above on the side of the mountain.
The farm is in a beautiful spot on this earth. We really enjoyed wandering around the farm and checking it out. Dawn and Stephen are really hospitable and took a lot of time to chat with us even though they were really busy! We really appreciated their time and enjoyed talking to them both!

Many thanks to Dawn and Stephen for creating this wonderful getaway! We really appreciated all of their hospitality and their fine touches to make this an awesome retreat! We look forward to returning as soon as possible!

Liked best: The farm
Liked least: Loved it all!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway
Furcow
Columbus
“Oh. My. Goodness.”
Reviewed 30 March 2012 for a stay in March 2012
person found this review helpful

Absolutely one of the nicest places we've ever rented. The cabin is absolutely charming--the pictures are good, but don't do it justice. The setting is delightful. Was a little worried about proximity to the road, but in an hour of reading in the lovely little area next to the cabin (with the sheep) maybe one car went by. The kitchen is wonderfully equipped, and gosh, I want to learn to make pottery now since our dishes, bowls, cups etc. were all hand-made and fantastic. My kids loved the sheep who grazed around the house. The owners have it nicely supplied with lots of goodies for kids, including a playhouse, blocks, games, books. Honestly didn't want to leave. Teared up as we pulled out! It's super convenient for Asheville--30 minutes to the center of town. Weaverville has a great bakery to visit about 15 minutes away. Mars Hill is just up the road and has some cute stuff, too. Would be so happy to be able to jump in my car right now and get right back to East Fork Cottage. Thanks so much Dawn for making it available to rent!

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Leaving.
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
GA
Reviewed 19 January 2012 for a stay in October 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing