“Two Thumbs Up - Clean, affordable, spacious, nice location, great staff”

Quality Inn & Suites Maggie Valley - Cherokee Area
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This was our first trip to Maggie Valley for a weekend of skiing with family & friends. We stayed for 1 night with two adults and two kids (4 & 6). I called to make my reservation and Denise answered all of my questions. I specifically asked about some of the older review complaints about roaches, bed bugs, smoking, noise, etc. She stated that they had made several changes since those reviews including staff. I also asked about early check-in and late check-out; she informed me to simply call the morning of our stay so that she could check availability, which we did and we were able to check in upon arrival that morning. We were able to view our room prior to checking in to make sure we were happy with the assignment. The room was clean and fresh, no smell of smoke or any other musty or old smell. The bathroom was also clean. The continental breakfast was on par with other hotels (muffins, waffles, fresh fruit, juices, coffee, cereal, etc.).

We will definitely be staying here regularly as we make return trips to Maggie Valley for skiing.

Room Tip: If you have any questions, concerns, or special needs; please call ahead and simply ask. I believe...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 January 2012

We stayed just one night to ski at Cataloochee. It is super close to the entrance of the ski hill! I got a suite for the same price as a Queen with my Triple A membership and you could've slept a few in there if need be. It has a sleeper cushion thing under the window to sleep. It wouldn't have been super comfortable, but if you're looking to pack some friends in on the cheap you could do it. There is also a sleeper loveseat sofa, microwave, mini fridge area and a small table. Pretty nice for $89!

They allowed pets, which is nice for those who have them, however, there was a puppy next door who cried all night long! Who brings a puppy?!

Breakfast is over at 9:15am, which I thought was kind of early, and there wasn't much. We grabbed some dry cereal and a banana and it was enough.

Overall this was a very nice place to stay on the cheap without having to go to a motel!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite if you want as little more room!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My husband and I travel 10 to 20 nights a month and stay in many hotels.
The first time I stopped in to check rates at the Microtel Maggie Valley I was greeted by Vivianne, She was so very helpful to me and took the time to answer my many questions.
We were looking for a place to spend Christmas with our family of 21. This place was fabulous. They have a very nice pool and the rooms were extremely clean. Carmen, our housekeeper kept the room perfectly spotless. Denise the manager, called me right away to correct and error I had made in my online booking, and then made the correction over the phone and also upgraded us to a bigger suite. My 5 yr old grandson said "Grandma this is the nicest hotel I have ever seen" as he was enjoying his waffle. We hope to return to this hotel again in 2013. This place has all the class of a 4 star hotel without the price !!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2011

My 12 year old son and I came for some rest and relaxation and snowboarding. We were greeted by an extraordinary lady named Kathy working the front desk. She listened to our plight of "lack of sleep" since the grand-kids moved in and moved us to an end of the hall room out of consideration for our droopy eyes. The rain kept us from snowboarding but we enjoyed the room from the minute we walked in. From the the fresh smell of sheets on the bed, fantastic mountain view, window bench, dreamy queen size beds that slept like a dream, and I have to sleep with a temperpedic at home. We loved using the indoor pool and hot tub every day and hated having to leave. The Continental breakfasts were awesome. I think the price was fantastic. I have traveled across the United States 3 times from NC to Oregon stopping in every type of hotel/motel you can imagine. So believe me. This place is more then a deal. I am not going to stay any where else. Don't get rid of Kathy or I might reconsider.

Room Tip: upper rooms are always better for less noise, ask for rooms away from laundry and ice machines are a...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Melanie H
Reviewed 23 November 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 40th anniversary and my 60th birthday with a stay at the Maggie Valley Microtel. We have stayed there on several vacations before and were always treated very nice. This time was different because of a wonderful lady named Kathy, who worked at the desk. She went out of her way to make our stay one of the most enjoyable ones we have ever had. She told us about Snappys Restaurant where we had excellent steaks for dinner and were waited on by a wonderful lady named Connie. I would recommend this motel to anyone going to Maggie Valley and if you are lucky maybe you will run across these two lovely ladies and they will make your stay as lovely as ours !

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3.4 km away
The Clarketon Motel
The Clarketon Motel
#11 of 25 in Maggie Valley

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Maggie Valley - Cherokee Area? Share your experiences!