“Beautiful, very relaxing! Will be back!”
Review of Smoky Falls Lodge

Smoky Falls Lodge
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Reviewed 25 September 2010

We just happened thru Maggie Valley and just pulled in with out any reservations. We felt the room rates reasonable. Our room was very nice, comfy and nicely decorated. Everything was clean and up to date, we had no trouble with the Wi-fi, it worked great. They have rockers outside some of the rooms and makes sitting out very nice! We found the staff to be very friendly and the grounds quiet. We were there on a Wed. and the resturant was closed, but went to J. Arthurs for some of the best prime rib I have had in awhile! I highly recommend staying at the Smoky Falls Lodge!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 May 2010

What an incredible place! The rooms were like having our own little log cabin! What a great idea and it was so very cute. I can't say enough - great experience.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2010

We were in the lookout for a cabin but since all the cabins in the area were taken, we booked this place. The pictures on their website are deceptive, this is nothing but a glorified motel. It's only in the morning that we realized that there were motels next door at 1/3rd the price. We booked the room with 3 beds and although the heater was full on and the fireplace was turned on all night, everyone in the room had to sleep with 3 layers of clothes in addition to the blankets. The heater is never going to be enough for the large room. When reported to the front desk, the lady was not at all apologetic! Instead kept saying that we should have called the emergency number. If I had to do it over, I would just take the business next door to a motel if I did not find a decent cabin...

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank SeanyATL
Reviewed 29 January 2010

I've only stayed twice but will always stay here when I visit Maggie Valley or Waynesville. The only think I could complain about was that the WiFi was turned off so I could not get internet service. My computer could pick up another hotel down the road but I didn't have a password for the access.
Anyway, the rooms I've stayed in have been immaculate and completely comfortable. The rooms in building 2 are decorated exactly like log cabins. On this trip we stayed in a very large fireplace room, gas fireplace, was was perfect since the temp outside was never above 17 degrees! Brrrr..
The place is very quiet, yes, I heard barking dogs but they were up the mountain over the river so they could only be heard if I was outside.
I do feel sorry for the river. The people who live directly across it have let all sorts of garbage fall over the side of the bank, waiting for when the waters rise to take it down stream. But that made no difference in my stay.
I plan to take a summer trip up there and will choose only Smoky Falls for my stay and am totally looking forward to it. They even have a fire pit right on the river!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2009

We stayed in the apartment they have. It was if I was in someone's home. It had so much charm. My house isn't decorated as beautifully as this was. We did have a problem with the lights, but the desk clerk came over right away and straightened everything out. The lodge also has a restaurant with an all you can eat buffet. Good food at reasonable prices. After a long day of riding it's nice to just walk into the lodge to eat. They aldo have dedicated motorcycle parking which is a big plus. They have lovely wood rocking chairs outside of each room. A really nice place to stay

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple