“Southern hospitality at it's finest”

Knights Inn Lumberton
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Reviewed 23 June 2017

I hadn’t seen the reviews on here until after my recent stay at this motel. Had to make a stop for a night on my drive to Florida and this location was pretty easy to find right off the exit. I must say … I wouldn’t have stayed here if I had seen some of the input provided by previous guests — something must have definitely changed since the last time a guest wrote a review (Nov 2016) or posted a picture (Mar 2013). I was given a room (which was VERY clean) on the back side.

The 5 most recent pictures (caption has ‘provided by management’) give a more accurate illustration of what my room looked like. My guess is that the hotel is under new management and/or undergoing renovations since there were quite a few signs of it during my stay with the most noticeable being: everything seemed to be in mint condition.

Anyways… as far as the service goes … the person at the front desk was courteous and the service overall was excellent — Southern hospitality at its finest :).

I HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone looking for a stop to their destination, it’s right off of 95. Thank you to management and staff for the wonderful stay — I’ll be back!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room as shown in the newer pictures!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Shakfu258

Reviewed 5 November 2016

Wife and I stayed here one night while we were helping flood victims from hurricane Matthew. At least the sheets were clean, rest of the place was dirty, shower curtain, bed skirt, carpets, table and chairs all filthy. $55 bucks what can i say...

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank saltwaterman
Reviewed 11 July 2016

the gentleman working office was very nice but later i needed ice went to get some from office i asked the lady working if she had 2 plastic spoons you would of thought i commited murder she did let me have '1' but was so not worth asking for needless to say motel was not all that bad but i will not stay there again

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2015

Well, the stay started out well. The manager was attending the front desk and he was very brief but polite. He gave me room 205, I requested 1 QUEEN SIZE BED, CABLE, AND FREE WIFI CONNECTION. I check in at 7 pm, ate the food I had bought, sat at then table, used my laptop and watched tv. Later, 10:30 came along and I was ready for bed, I pulled back the sheets and it was full of crawling bed bugs. So, I called to the front desk, there was a new person on shift, I tell him the situation and he rudely replies " Oh my god, WHAT, well pack your things up and come to the front desk"! I was unsure if he was upset that I found bed bug, or if he was upset because of the work ahead of him. Now I HAVE TO PACK ALL MY THINGS AND TAKE THEM DOWN STAIR! I get downstairs and he is talking really loud a angry saying the are no bed bugs in the this hotel, I just ask for a refund because now he has now insulted me by calling me a liar. He says I won't be getting a refund instead I get a new key to 206, the room next door! I TAKE ALL OF MY LUGGAGE back upstairs to 206. The room window is open and I sit my luggage down. I see the front desk clerk coming upstairs to cut off the lights in the previous room, I follow him and I prove to him that there are bugs covering the bed, and he agree, but says well the room next door wont have any bugs! I rush next door and there are also bed bugs on the bed in 206 I try to show this to him and he continue down the stairs as if he does not hear me speaking. Well this new room 206 HAS BED BUGS, 2 SMALLER BEDS, A TV THAT DOESN'T WORK,FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON I CAN NO LONGER,GET WIFI, AND TO TOP IT OFF THE CHAIN LOCK HAS BEEN BROKEN OFF! I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS SO I CALL THE POLICE HE INSPECTS THE ROOM BUT ADVISES BE THAT HE CAN'T MAKE THE HOTEL REFUND MY MONEY, BUT TO TAKE MY PROOF AND EVIDENCE TO THE COURT HOUSE

Room Tip: Stay in your care before staying here, worst place ever!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Ryan C
mannythadani, Manager at Knights Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2015

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us . Thank you for taking time to
bring this matter to our attention. Please accept my sincere apology.
Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed and the appropriate action has been taken.
I thank you again for taking the time to share you concerns .

Manny Thadani
Manager

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We decided to stay here for one night, to start off we walked in the room and it had a smell, the bed sheets had stains on them. It was so hot & you couldn't turn the air pass low, the Tv didn't work. It was just terrible, I wouldn't recommend nobody spending a dime on this.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Danielle M
mannythadani, Manager at Knights Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2015

Dear Danielle M,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize for the negative issues you had while staying in 2014. Sorry for taking so long to respond. We are planning on upgrading to new flat screen TV's by the end of the year. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our locations across the Country.

Regards,