“Disgusting!! Worst Place in Lumberton NC!!”

Knights Inn Lumberton
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Reviewed 1 December 2015

Well, the stay started out well. The manager was attending the front desk and he was very brief but polite. He gave me room 205, I requested 1 QUEEN SIZE BED, CABLE, AND FREE WIFI CONNECTION. I check in at 7 pm, ate the food I had bought, sat at then table, used my laptop and watched tv. Later, 10:30 came along and I was ready for bed, I pulled back the sheets and it was full of crawling bed bugs. So, I called to the front desk, there was a new person on shift, I tell him the situation and he rudely replies " Oh my god, WHAT, well pack your things up and come to the front desk"! I was unsure if he was upset that I found bed bug, or if he was upset because of the work ahead of him. Now I HAVE TO PACK ALL MY THINGS AND TAKE THEM DOWN STAIR! I get downstairs and he is talking really loud a angry saying the are no bed bugs in the this hotel, I just ask for a refund because now he has now insulted me by calling me a liar. He says I won't be getting a refund instead I get a new key to 206, the room next door! I TAKE ALL OF MY LUGGAGE back upstairs to 206. The room window is open and I sit my luggage down. I see the front desk clerk coming upstairs to cut off the lights in the previous room, I follow him and I prove to him that there are bugs covering the bed, and he agree, but says well the room next door wont have any bugs! I rush next door and there are also bed bugs on the bed in 206 I try to show this to him and he continue down the stairs as if he does not hear me speaking. Well this new room 206 HAS BED BUGS, 2 SMALLER BEDS, A TV THAT DOESN'T WORK,FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON I CAN NO LONGER,GET WIFI, AND TO TOP IT OFF THE CHAIN LOCK HAS BEEN BROKEN OFF! I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS SO I CALL THE POLICE HE INSPECTS THE ROOM BUT ADVISES BE THAT HE CAN'T MAKE THE HOTEL REFUND MY MONEY, BUT TO TAKE MY PROOF AND EVIDENCE TO THE COURT HOUSE

Room Tip: Stay in your care before staying here, worst place ever!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Ryan C
mannythadani, Manager at Knights Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2015

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us . Thank you for taking time to
bring this matter to our attention. Please accept my sincere apology.
Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed and the appropriate action has been taken.
I thank you again for taking the time to share you concerns .

Manny Thadani
Manager

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We decided to stay here for one night, to start off we walked in the room and it had a smell, the bed sheets had stains on them. It was so hot & you couldn't turn the air pass low, the Tv didn't work. It was just terrible, I wouldn't recommend nobody spending a dime on this.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Danielle M
mannythadani, Manager at Knights Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2015

Dear Danielle M,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize for the negative issues you had while staying in 2014. Sorry for taking so long to respond. We are planning on upgrading to new flat screen TV's by the end of the year. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our locations across the Country.

Manny-Manager

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I had a requirement to sty in Lumberton, SC while working at the US Open. I didn't want to spend a lot of money. MY need was for a place to Sleep and clean up after a day at the golf tournament. I made my reservation and afterwards read the terrible reviews on this site. One week before my visit I was passing through Lumberton and decided to take a look for myself. The manager took be to a room that was very clean and looked very comfortable. He told me they had recently replace all the bedding and updated the rooms. I decided to take my chances and keep my reservation. I stayed there for two days, June 12th and 13th, and found the motel lived up to its name. It was clean, comfortable and very quite. The following week I returned again and stayed for two more nights, this time with my wife who is much more critical then I am. She also had nothing bad to say about the motel, in fact she was very surprised that we were able to find such a nice facility for the price. I recommend this facility to anyone that is looking for a place to slay while traveling through or visiting Lumberton, NC. If you need a health room or a swimming pool, not for you but if you need a clean, quite, comfortable room stay here and save your money. The management were top notch and would do anything within their means to be sure you were happy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Larry S,

On behalf of the staff and management, I want to personally thank you for sharing such a positive review with us. We have done alot of work to the property since your last visit. We are continually trying to improve our facilities and provide clean rooms at affordable prices. We hope to see you on your next stop.

Manny-Manager

Reviewed 1 March 2014

My husband and I were traveling south, exhausted and could not find a room anywhere else at 1:30AM. We should have slept in the car. We slept on top of the covers and refused to take showers since the bathroom was filthy. We used bottled water to brush and wash up. We hightailed it out of there at daylight and did not desire to try the breakfast.

Room Tip: The room looked like something out of a bad 70's horror flick. There are no good choices.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
mannythadani, Manager at Knights Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Natalie M,

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share a review with us. I am sorry that we were not able to provide you with an enjoyable stay. We would have gladly changed your room had we known that there was issues. We have recently hired and trained new housekeepers. We hope that these improvements will enhance the overall experience for future guests.

Manny-GM

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stopped here cause place down the street that I had reservations for had major electrical problems and their lot was being dig up looking for power cable break. Room was ok, checkin staff helpful and friendly. Contintal breakfast was ok, but was only really after the coffee. BUT...... Motel is also used for either homeless shelter or local worker hotel. mini bus of workers dropped off at 8pm at one of the rooms where they hung out eating and drinking outside till 11pm when another short bus picked up all but 4 of them.. Night clerk said they would be leaving by 11... not the right answere or solution..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Chase-Family01001,

I appreciate the fact that you shared your experience with us. I apologize for any inconveniences you had while staying. We do have workers that stay with us due to our convenient location to I-95. Most of the time we do not have any issues with them. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations.

Manny-GM