See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stopped here cause place down the street that I had reservations for had major electrical problems and their lot was being dig up looking for power cable break. Room was ok, checkin staff helpful and friendly. Contintal breakfast was ok, but was only really after the coffee. BUT...... Motel is also used for either homeless shelter or local worker hotel. mini bus of workers dropped off at 8pm at one of the rooms where they hung out eating and drinking outside till 11pm when another short bus picked up all but 4 of them.. Night clerk said they would be leaving by 11... not the right answere or solution..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
mannythadani, Manager at Knights Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Chase-Family01001,

I appreciate the fact that you shared your experience with us. I apologize for any inconveniences you had while staying. We do have workers that stay with us due to our convenient location to I-95. Most of the time we do not have any issues with them. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Dirty....the room stunk, mold everywhere...stained mattress, headboard fell off the wall, bathroom was dirty and moldy. Worst I've ever seen! Slept (barely) in my clothes. Could not wait to get out of there! This place should be condemned! Will be calling the health dept! Rated -10

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear shadowluv2,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us in 2013. I am concerned about the housekeeping and maintenance issues you encountered. We have already hired and trained new housekeepers and have some plans this year to enhance the property.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

This Best Value Inn in Lumberton, NC was the worst place I have ever slept! Holes in the floor under the carpet, urine smell, small thin towels, dirty toilet, filthy grout and tile, poor mattress, old bed spreads, loud A/C unit. Room #107 = gross! We will not ever stop at a BVI again.

Room Tip: old poop in the toilet! really!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear KittenGRL,

On behalf of the staff of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally apologize for the negative experience you had with us in 2013. Sorry for not responding sooner. Please know that we have hired and trained new housekeepers, replaced our mattresses, and soon we will be painting our rooms and parking lot.

Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

Bathroom dirty.. Blood on floor!
Supposed to include continental breakfast of tea, coffee, toast, donuts & dry cereal from 6-9am. By 8am there was nothing left but tea & coffee & maybe some stale cereal. Find another place!

• Stayed: May 2013
mannythadani, Manager at Knights Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Dear Divapaco,

On behalf of the staff of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to apologize for the negative experience you had with us. We do our best to ensure that each of our guests have a pleasant stay. We are currently undergoing some renovations at this time. I will be speaking with our housekeeping team to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. Please give me a call so that I can discuss the matter further with you.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

it was ok, seemed clean, lots of cigarette burns on the blankets and chairs. We had 2 rooms, both were the same, glad my elderly parents could not see much. Breakfast was cherrios ( or generic brand) coffee, donuts, toast. For the price 39 my parents said the breakfast was not that good, would not stay again

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jerry M,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We are in the process of renovating our rooms. We hope that these improvements will enhance the overall experience. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. We hope that you give us another opportunity in the future.