“Simple food fast.”
Review of Cook-Out

Cook-Out
Ranked #25 of 85 Restaurants in Lincolnton
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

This is exactly what you would expect from a similar place. Food is good, prices are good, staff is friendly and fast. Can't really say anything bad other than the traffic can get backed into the street when it is busy.

There are newer reviews for Cook-Out

Reviewed 6 July 2017

We stayed in Lincolnton for the weekend and before this I had never heard of the Cook-Out chain. (Since I've learned there are several, perhaps a dozen, in the extended area.) We choose the Cook-Out for our first lunch, probably due to the overwhelmingly delicious aroma that drifted all the way to our hotel.

Great food! The BBQ flavor was excellent, and the meal varieties quite impressive for a small fast foods restaurant. The "Tray" is just hard to beat because of the value from the amount of food you get for the small price charged. To top it all off, they have drop-dead delicious milkshakes ... just HAD to have one even though we were already quite full. Many flavors to choose from.

Well, everything was so good and the prices so great that the next day we all decided to go back again. We almost never do this -- given a weekend in one town we like to try different places! This is the first in a long time any place has impressed us so much we just didn't look any further. (Did I mention their prices are really reasonable?)

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We have waited inside for 2 milkshakes for over 15 minutes now. Poor staff in the back with slow as turtle service. Won't be back.
Front cashier very nice by put in bad position by kitchen staff.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

You can't beat the cost or value anywhere. Good food too! We have eaten here for years and have not been disappointed. They have an awesome selection of milkshakes also.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Let me say, I generally like to visit Cook-Out restaurants. This was the first time I've ever been disappointed. I hope this was a "an off day." At the very least, this restaurant was way under staffed today, at worst the restaurant just isn't well run. Customers in front of us were complaining about the amount of time they had been waiting for their food. While at the counter, we were interrupted twice by customers returning the food because it had not been prepared properly. Despite hearing that, we ordered and found the other complaints matched our experience. We waited 15 minutes for our order. Once we opened our food boxes, we discovered half of our burgers had been prepared with the wrong toppings. We did not return to get it corrected out of fear it would take so long and the rest of our family would eat and then have to wait once the rest finally got their food.
On the positive side-- we do like their food and we can't argue that it's a good value. Couldn't pass up the .99 strawberry shake!!
Outside we were trapped in our parking space because the drive-thru line wasn't moving.
Cook-Out is not gourmet, it's what it's supposed to be. Decent to very good fast food at a decent price. I don't live near this location, but I hope they fix the service and speed issues.