“Great Place for Relaxation”

Review of Restoration Rock

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 6 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Rob S
“Great Place for Relaxation”
Reviewed 6 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

We were apprehensive from the start because the address was in Lenoir, NC. We thought that it wasn't far enough to be "in the mountains". I'm so glad that we booked this place. It is absolutely what we were looking for. It's off the main road, on gravel, about 10 minutes from Blowing Rock, on a mountain, with excellent long mountain views, hot tub on the porch, modern amenities, great price, perfect for everything we were looking for. I cannot say enough about how great this place was, and how much we did not want to leave.
If I had to criticize anything, here it goes. There is a second bedroom with bunk beds. This alludes that the renter would have children. We had two children, 3 and 8. they loved the bunk bed room. I wish there was more child friendly dishes/cups in the rental. There was none, and it was difficult especially with the 3 year old (plastic glasses would be a bonus). There was no scrub brush for the dishes. We only had a dish towel, dish soap, and 1 dish washer tablet. I wish there was a dish scrubber/sponge and dish washer liquid soap. A single tablet and no scrubber was difficult since we cooked in the kitchen. These would be things to bring with you if you were staying for more than a weekend. I've been in other rentals with lots of dishes, but it seemed rather limited with what was given. I wish it had a fire pit, or a chiminea, etc. There is nothing, and we were looking to make smores. We improvised with the microwave, but it would have been nice to have an open fire. The deck needs some TLC. There were some pickets we found that you could just kick out, and there would be exposed nails. This is bad for toddlers like we had, and generally unsafe. It needs to be addressed by the management. It says the hike down to the river was about 10 minutes, but it really takes about 30 minutes. Be careful of old trees down by the river, we uncovered a hornets nest.
Even with these "issues", it was really a great place, and we overlooked all these things. We definitely can't wait to come back and enjoy a longer stay.
Other things to mention.
It has internet, but it's just DSL. It's not fast, and doesn't work well, so don't depend on it. No way to stream anything, if you bring a Roku/FireTV stick. There is dish TV if you need to watch it. We didn't use it. The place was immaculate upon arrival. Bedrooms, bathroom, it was awesome, and smelled new. The wall of windows/doors is just as the pictures show. It makes the place seem to extend out to the deck, very awesome. The mountain views make this place. We sat on the deck and just basked in the glory of the mountains. We will be back and love it so much!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The mountain views
Liked least: The dishes available in the kitchen
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
6 Aug 2015
Hi Angela, thank you for taking the time to leave such great feedback about Restoration Rock! I'm glad to hear that overall you really enjoyed the home. I appreciate the constructive criticism as well, and thank you for pointing these things out. We will address the safety issues you mentioned. We hope we will be able to see you again very soon!
Raleigh

henderson north carolina
Reviewed 4 March 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing