“Excellent Mediterranean Food”

Gusto Grille
Ranked #3 of 62 Restaurants in Leland
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

We travel through this area on business often and have stopped at Gusto Grille several times. Have also brought friends here. This is an excellent restaurant serving Mediterranean food. The food is always fresh and made to order. We have never been disappointed in our meals. The platters are a good combination of food, the boats are really tasty and the salads are always fresh. The proprietors are pleasant, helpful in assisting with the menu, and great in the kitchen. Their dessert are good too. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes middle eastern food.

Reviewed 24 December 2015 via mobile

The good = food
The challenge = service

We had a table of 6 and the table next to us sat down as a table of 6 as well. This made for lots of confusion for the waitstaff and kitchen. Which also made for a long wait for food and musical plates with our table mates. The waitress that sat us and brought drinks was very inexperienced. We had to ask for refills, napkins, straws, bread, ketchup for the kids, things that are usually intuitive for service. The large 'help wanted' sign out front should have been an indication.

The owners wife took our food order the same time she took the tables next to us which cause the wrong plates delivered to the tables. This was not a huge issue. The bigger issue was the progressive meal delivery. The first plate came out for my father in law and husband. Then 5 mins later, my meal. Then another few minutes and my brother in laws meal. Then 5 minutes later my sister in law and finally- my father in law was done eating, and my mother in laws dinner was served. This was my main challenge with the restaurant. We were not able to eat as a family and as a result of the progressive plates we kept having to make the poor server run back with every plate for items that were missing- cheese, bread, refills. It was quite the ordeal.

As for the food- it was mixed reviews at our table. The cheese and meat boat that my brother in law ordered was the best thing at the table followed by the chicken kabobs. I don't recommend the doner as this platter comes with just gyro meat and rice- no lettuce, tomato, onions, pita - like a standard Greek/med restaurant. Then gyro meat was shredded and bland. I will say the salad was great, fresh and the lemon dressing was fantastic. I appreciate that they make fresh Nan with the hummus but the wait to get it is absurd. 10 minutes for bread to go with the hummus is crazy. I love a restaurant that makes fresh food, but there is balance needed between fresh food and decent service timing. It would make sense to make the bake fresh Nan and then keep it in a warmer so people can have it in a decent turn around time!

The owner did come out and apologize and I appreciate that. They also gave us a warranted discount on the meal. I wanted to love this place and I didn't.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

Consistently fresh and authentic middle eastern cuisine in addition to standard American favorites. Something for everyone!

Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

We had the lamb kebabs, shush kebabs, gyro dinner, lentil soup and hummus. Everything was excellent, as usual. Add Turkish coffee, baklava and chocolate cake for dessert. Again, excellent. Owners, Turk and Emmie, are just wonderful...personable and truly concerned that you enjoy your experience.

Reviewed 11 October 2015

It was a rainy evening and we ducked into Gusto Grille for an authentically prepared Mediterranean meal. My husband had the meat pita boat with vegetables. He raved about the pita bread - its freshness and texture. I had the gyro, lamb and beef meat with lettuce, tomato, feta and cucumber dressing on pita. It was scrumptious and the portion was large. I saved half for lunch the next day. My husband dined with wine. I had Turkish coffee with rice pudding for dessert - creamy and delicious. The service was good. The waitress was very conscientious and the owner stopped by our table. The price was very reasonable for a casual dinner and despite the heavy rain other diners came trickling in. For authentic Mediterranean food; its a winner!