A prior review from us was posted in June, 2011. It was that visit that made us return for our Anniversary in March 2012. Yes, it was that good! The lodge itself, even in the cooler months, is cozy, beautiful and welcoming. The people at the lodge are friendly, helpful and kind. They are also fun and knowledgeable and make you feel right at home! This time, we stayed in one of the larger lake view rooms with a balcony. It was fabulous! You could not do better for a romantic getaway! We also got to tour several of the other rooms, and in truth, you can't go wrong with any of them. Each one has something wonderful to offer. Ok, a few highlights of our weekend:
1. the extremely accomodating manager and (very skilled) chef, fixed a beautiful anniversary meal on Friday. The food was splendid. We ate each course and did so for taste... it was hard not to. The wine selection was also lovely and they are great at suggestions!
2. they surprised us with some champagne in our room. A really nice touch.
3. the cocktial/hors d'oeuvres hour was also delish and fun! Enjoying the other guests and staff, talking about your day, relaxing to a fireplace and a beautiful view. Just wonderful.
4. the breakfasts... made to order and so terrific. Things like eggs benedict or french toast along with yogurts, juices, coffee... etc.
5. peaceful morning walk around the property, the surrounding roads with seldom a car and mostly a bird song... we loved mornings here!
overall, another fantastic stay at this lodge and we can't wait to go back. I'll say this, although the lodge is fantastic, it's the people that make it what it is. Everyone from the front to the kitchen is just a welcome you won't get somewhere else. We now think of this as our lodge and we hope that all of you will enjoy it your next trip as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge on Lake Lure is a wonderful combination of an elegant country inn and a casual bed and breakfast - an intimate environment with all the privacy you want, furnished with art, antiques and collectibles. A large, rambling structure, the Lodge is situated high on the hillside to afford a sweeping view of the lake and beyond.Built in 1938, The Lodge was originally used as a retreat for the NC State Highway Patrol and operated by them until 1968. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Lodge on Lake Lure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge On Lake Lure Hotel Lake Lure