“Good food!”

Ranked #14 of 69 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Price range: USD 8 - USD 20
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Specializing in exquisite and refreshing island cuisine in a classy yet casual tropical ambience, Barefoot Bernie's Tropical Grill & Bar has become a true destination on the Outer Banks restaurant circuit.
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Ate here on the 4th of July holiday. The food was good but a little pricey for what you get. The three dip nachos and baby back ribs were very good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,050)

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

SO, never been here before this week! My husband and I came here Monday for the first time! Great food, great people, and the best bartender EVER!!! We came back Tuesday and Wednesday! Laura, the daytime bartender, is FANTASTIC! Beats any bartender back home, and by far the best bartender in OBX! Keep up the great work Laura!!!

1  Thank Christopher D
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

This was my second time to Bernie’s and they don’t disappoint. They easily accommodated our group of 14 and the food was delicious. Do yourself a favor and order the jerk wings. They’re the best wings I’ve ever had. The steak Cobb salad is delicious, as well, and everyone that ordered pizza in our group was raving about it!

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have been to OBX several times and wanted to try something new. So we gave Bernie a try. We are glad we did. The wait staff was excellent (even with a large party as one of their tables). The seafood was fresh and prepared great. We have added this place as a must eat at on our next vacation.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

My family and I have been coming to OBX for years and finally decided to try this restaurant. The hostesses somehow "lost" our name, so we had to wait an extra 30 minutes for a table after we found out... over an hour of waiting TOTAL when we were quoted 20 minutes or less. The other staff we encountered were the same, forgot our salads and appetizers both. Then tried to bring them out with our food and the waitress rolled her eyes when we said that we didn't want them anymore. She proceeded to talk to her co-worker about us loudly and even pointed towards our table. The food was BLAND. Even the vegetables tasted like water. Only 2 dishes were good out of my family of 7. The amount that they charge for such poor-mediocre food is ridiculous. I do not care to spend more money on good quality food, like at Tale of the Whale (highly recommend), but the food and overall experience here was just a joke. One of, if not the worst, dining experiences we've ever had at OBX...

2  Thank Jenna E
barefootbernies, Owner at Barefoot Bernie's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

We see that you are making your rounds across all the review sites writing the same review over and over again. We would have loved to help you with your experience but unfortunately going to different review sites and writing your 1st EVER reviews just to bash our restaurant isn't really the best way to resolve any issues. We do appreciate the 2 members of your group that came up to us to apologize for the table though. Have a blessed day!