“Decent Option for Large Party”

Black Pelican Oceanfront Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 67 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

My group came in staggered, which was an issue. My advice is everyone get there at once, not 15 minutes apart. Make SURE you get there before 6 because it fills up fast! The shrimp and grits are quite good, along with all of the desserts. The gift shop is very cute. No matter what your taste in food or drinks is...this place has you covered.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,926)

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We had never been to the Outer Banks so picking a spot for my Birthday dinner wasn't easy. When we got there we were told it would be about 30 min wait but we were seated within 15 minutes. The menu had many great sounding dishes on it.
I had the baked shrimp and crab and when my husband was waffling on what he wanted, our waitress suggested he try the Mahi.
The food was really good. The shrimp and crab were tender and cooked to perfection and his Mahi was done to perfection. I'm still thinking about how good my meal was.
Had a couple of drinks, our meals, and because it was a special occasion dessert as well.
Everything was fabulous. we will definitely go back to the Black Pelican the next time we are in the area.

2  Thank pepperwhite
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Several years since we had been to this restaurant. Food is mediocre at best. I had crab cakes that were terribly salty and my husband had a baked seafood dish that was, to say the least, skimpy on the seafood. To be at a beach community, the lack of good seafood is disappointing in not just this restaurant but overall in the area.

3  Thank Ella S
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We met our daughter and boyfriend here after driving 6hrs to the Outer Banks. Easy to find and lots of parking. The food was average, but the server and views were wonderful! They have a great Gluten free selection, so my daughter was thrilled. I only wish we had more time to enjoy, but we were anxious to check into our house in S. Nags Head and get settled in. We will certainly try again next time we visit the area.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

We really liked this place. It has great food, drinks, and service. There is so much history here with the Wright Brothers having been to the building long ago. The building was the original life saving station for the area. The servers were super friendly. My wife had the Greek Salad with grilled chicken. I had the brick oven fired original pizza. I also had the Outer Banks Clam Chowder. It was clear broth but good though not my favorite. Our food was very good. It has a family atmosphere as well as a bar area for adults and sports fans. It gets crowded really quick and you can have a long wait. We arrived at 5pm and the place was filling up fast. We would definitely go back and recommend this restaurant to anyone traveling within the area.

1  Thank Stephen G