“Excellent burrito”

Bad Bean Baja Grill
Ranked #11 of 70 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Description: We are a chef driven menu utilizing ingredients and techniques from around Latin America. We also incorporate local ingredients and cuisine. Our entire staff strives to create an awesome overall dinning experience. Daily drink specials from the bar and creative creations from the chefs in our kitchen are sure to please. There is something for everyone to enjoy so bring the whole family. We also have great vegetarian and gluten free options.
Reviewed 17 March 2017

Recommended if you are looking for a well prepared meal. Portions were plentiful and the service was good - all at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

My wife and I have been here before. We had lunch here yesterday. I had the Havana ( their version of the Cuban sandwich . Excellent, pulled pork, Baha grill style with ham, cheese, and sweet pickles with spicey mustard on a roll. Wife had a shrimp taco, and a pork belly taco. Excellent!

Reviewed 7 March 2017

We both ordered the traditional chicken quesadillas -- just the perfect size. While waiting for our meal, we got a bowl of chips & medium salsa. Both were good, but a bit too spicy for me. Next time I'll ask for mild. We saw lots of cars in the parking lot and decided this must be a good place to eat. Yes--it is.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

The food was tasty. You don't really get sides other than the chips and salsa, but the burritos were a good size, so it didn't bother us. I had a carnitas burrito and my husband had the chicken poblano mole burrito. Mine was good, but a little more like what you could get at any other burrito place. His was delicious! I kept stealing bites, because it was so good. The mole sauce was some of the best I've tasted. I'll order that next time we go back.

Whatever you do, do not get the bloody mary. They make it with salsa instead of bloody mary mix or tomato juice, which was weird. They didn't tell us that until it was too late. My friend ordered one and we sent it back, because it was gross. We asked how they make it and the waitress said they make it with their salsa. It tasted like watered down gazpacho.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

We just happened upon this little place. The outside might not have drawn me in had I not been hungry, but I'm SO glad we stopped here. This place was fantastic. My husband loves burritos of any sort, but I try to avoid meat and dairy for the most part. This place had a great variety to choose from and was delicious. The service was incredibly fast as well. Staff were friendly and helpful. We liked our dinner so much, we actually drove back the next day before heading out of town to eat lunch here as well. We both tried different meals from the night before and were just as pleased. They also have a great variety of salsa choices. We will definitely stop here if we are ever in the area again.