“New sub shop”

Gold Street Soup, Salad and Subs
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Sometimes in our adventures in seeking out a restaurant we come across a small town next to us. With extraordinary people with delicious food. We stop by In a small place in Kings Mountain it's called Gold Street soup Salads & Subs it's not your ordinary sub shop.The prices on a 8" subs are $4 each, The toppings that can go on it is nearly endless, what a huge salad section they can put on your sub. The have a value deal it comes with 8"sub a bag of chips & a can drink for $5 unbelievable. The value is incredible the food is great their unique and different subs is a pleasant surprise. but the superstar of the shop is there bowl of chili beans. Comes in 2 different sizes large and small the beans were fantastic, perfectly seasoned with a slight hint of heat. The also have Some fantastic soups. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff, A business who honors God,the military, firefighters, police officers and Ems. it's clearly visible in their dining room. I highly recommend this restaurant it is a great small town business doing big and wonderful things. God bless you and Thank you.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I try very hard to give positive reviews, especially a new local place. Unfortunately this time I just can’t. My husband and I stopped by here for lunch the day after Christmas. No one was seated. While we were there, two different people came in and picked up orders to-go. The staff was friendly. We ordered a ham and cheese sub on honey wheat sub roll. I was shocked when we received our order. First, it was on white sub roll. But the shocker was the ham. Not sliced, but GROUND UP!!! It was falling out all over the table. The girl that originally took our order came over and said she noticed it was made on the wrong type bread. She said they would remaked it. I questioned her about why the ham was so ground up. She stated the owners were from Tennessee and that’s the way they made subs. She also stated that the turkey was not ground up like the ham. We asked for the sandwich to be made over on correct sub bread and use turkey instead of ham. I was thinking that the turkey would be sliced. Nope, not ground to a pulp but chopped up into small pieces. Still fell out of the sub bread. Both subs had virtually no taste. Worst subs we’ve ever eaten. Also had there vegetable soup. Didn’t like it either. I wish them luck, but we won’t be going back and I really can’t recommend them either, sorry.

1  Thank Victoria R