“Local attractions”

Crowders Mountain State Park
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Excellent state park with many very good trails, nice visitor center and very good views. Easy to get to from the interstate.

All reviews
in 31 reviews
"kings"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I might be a little biased since I live on the foothill of Crowders, but nevertheless, Crowders offers many vantage points with beautiful views, a labyrinth of trails which provide different experiences each time you go, and probably the best thing about Crowders is that ANYBODY can hike it! I'm not saying it's easy for everybody, but you can take your kids, your dogs, even your grandparents and everyone can make the hike all the way up (the Pinnacle Trail, that is). The Rock Top Trail is a little tougher and longer.

If you plan to hike Crowders, or any other mountain for that matter, MAKE SURE YOU TAKE PLENTY OF WATER!!! Seems like every time I go up there are people with a single bottle of water wishing they had prepared more.....

3  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Crowders Mountain provide many trails in this relatively large state park just West of Charlotte. If I could rank it 3 1/2 stars I would. It's above average, yet I wouldn't say it's "very good". Perhaps I'm spoiled from spending the last 2 year's in Colorado. Nice family getaway.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Great day trip for all ages
Hike to top is 1 mile strenuous and includes 341 steps with benches alone the way.
Dog lease friendly & take lots of water
Great repelling with 45 ft 85ft & 140ft drops
1st,time repelling ever & I did it so you can too

1  Thank Funadventures2do
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

My gym family and I went on a Saturday hike at Crowders Mountain. We chose the path that appeared to be really step and ended with over 300 stairs that took us to the top. It was challenging but the views were breathtaking. This is a great adventure for all. Parking was very limited in the park.

1  Thank Tamara V