All reviews the outer banks room was clean yogurt lobby area a pet friendly hotel off season free breakfast would stay here again beach front an older hotel fridge and microwave nice pool nags head ocean dog deck obx
Reviewed 8 May 2018

We were very disappointed because the hotel had such good reviews, however, right from the beginning, we had a bad impression. At check-in, the staffer mumbled something about the breakfast, but neglected to tell us where the elevator was, or the fact that the elevator only goes up one floor, then you have to take another elevator down the hall. So we wondered around till we figured it out, noticing that the stairs which you can take to skip the first elevator were filthy and the general area was just dirty.This is the main entrance to the rooms and pool. (I won't tell you how dirty the back stairs were!) When we got to our room, the door wouldn't open until my husband really put his shoulder into it. The maintenance man was just down the hall, so we called him over, and he agreed to fix it right away. Well, they adjusted the door lock, made a mess of chipped paint from the door and left. The door still took a good push and kick to open. My husband is in building maintenance, so he knew that they should have used a "hinge doctor" tool on the upper hinge because there is a large gap near the upper hinge, between the door and the jam. They "fixed" it on Friday afternoon, but late on Saturday the paint chips were still all over the floor, so I found a cleaning person and asked her to vacuum it up. She vacuumed the hall outside the door, then sent someone to clean our room, too, but that person only changed the sheets and towels, leaving all the paint chips on the inside of the door.
To top it off, it had the noisiest air conditioner ever, louder than in a cheap motel, so sleep was sporadic. We finally cooled the room, then turned it off and left just the fan on. Another thing not properly fixed. (My husband is a certified HVAC repairman, so he gets frustrated by these things.)
Now, I have to say, all the personnel were very friendly and accommodating, they just didn't do their jobs correctly. For the price of this place, I expected much better. The scenery was great, and the breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2018

We recently stayed here with a large group of kids on a school trip. The hotel staff was very friendly and the banquet room was perfect for our group to use. They provided an excellent very large breakfast for us also. The room were very dated and the hotel overall was showing age. They had a nice pool area and deck access to the ocean. Was quiet surprised when I looked up the online price for a nights stay. The price must be related to the physical location and not the amenities.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Good location right on beach. room clean but shabby, hallways and stairways very shabby and building poorly designed and built.
Asked for quiet room when booked, asked again when checked in, was given worst room in hotel - right across from laundry that ran all the time and terribly noisy. So check-in clerk didn't pay attention to my request to her nor to notes on my reservation. Really all the rooms around that laundry room would be terrible.
Arrived about 1/2 hour early, was told room not ready, no offer from clerk. for place to sit or to hold our luggage. Asked clerk for place to relax, have a beer, she had no suggestions.
We won't, of course, be back

Room Tip: not on first floor, for sure
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2018

We had a nice stay for a few days at the Comfort Inn in Kill Devil Hills. Nice hotel, clean room, comfortable bed and pillows, nice breakfast and great pricing. It was also a great central location for us to ramble up and down the Outer Banks coast in both directions as it is very close to it all. We will definitely stay here again in the future.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Ummm...what an uncomfortable experience! At arriving I said hello and was told to wait while the AGM and FD Manager whispered back and forth to each other, so unhappy and nasty. I felt like such a nuisance trying to check into their hotel!

I looked at the guy behind me who was looking just as uncomfortable too. It was like checking in with the mean lunch ladies in grade school.

Don’t spend money here, they obviously do not want it.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo