All reviews the outer banks room was clean yogurt lobby area a pet friendly hotel off season free breakfast would stay here again beach front an older hotel fridge and microwave nice pool nags head ocean dog deck obx
Reviewed 8 December 2016

This hotel is getting a renovation. I guess after a few hurricanes it is needed. The bed was so comfortable. Great nights sleep. Our room had a view of the ocean and that view would have only been better if the windows had been clean. I asked for them to be cleaned and they just smeared them around more. I cleaned them myself or at least 1/2 of them. I understand that the sand and salt from the ocean really does a number on the windows but if I pay for a view I expect to see a view. The breakfast was great as was the front desk staff. Great location.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
AtYourService416, Manager at Comfort Inn On The Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and allowing us to be of service to you. Let me send our sincere apologies in reference to the windows, this time of year can be tricky, we can clean them and 30 min later they are starting to film over with the salt air, however we get what you at saying. I hope you enjoyed the Ocean, even at it's roughest time, it's break taking. We hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Safe Travels Always

Reviewed 23 November 2016

We booked this hotel for 2 nights to explore the area. The beach is just a few steps away, lots of waves. I don't know about swimming in the ocean, there seemed to be a lot of pull from the water while walking in it, but there is a pool at the hotel. Our room faced the parking lot, and was clean, a little dated but it had a microwave and fridge and a small balcony. Location was great and surprisingly, it offered a supper menu and bar. We ate out the first night, but was pleasantly surprised to be able to come back to the hotel and have a relaxing supper in the common area, talk with friends and have a few drinks. Very nice and relaxing after a busy day sight seeing! Great way to finish the day. We enjoyed our stay, so we booked an additional night. The staff was friendly, lots of places to eat close by.

1  Thank Anne B

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate you allowing us to be of service to you and glad to hear you enjoy your visit with us and others. Hope to see you in the near future, Have a wonderful Merry Christmas!

Reviewed 22 November 2016

Slow time of year but you can tell this place get lots of use. The room is nice just shows some age. Fridge, microwave, sink in the bathroom. Get an ocean view room, nice little balcony to sit on. Breakfast was standard comfort in which is alright. About $100 bucks for a king, off season. Not going to comment on the attitude of the check in clerk because I don't believe it has any bearing on the quality of the stay.. O.K. they were very nice.

Room Tip: get an ocean view
Reviewed 19 November 2016

I stayed at Comfort Inn in November of 2016 and the staff were awesome and polite. I didn't take part of the available breakfast, but it looked amble. Coffee is on 24/7 which is a bonus.
I did however, find my room to be dirty, a used bit of lollypop stick lay in the hall in front of my door for 2 days. The ceiling in the bathroom was crumbling and the toilet seat was flaking. The hair dryer caught fire in my hand (which I am guessing is a manufacturers defect and not so much fault of the hotel). I don't feel the asking price for the hotel is justified, even in a beach town.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

I attempted to stay at this hotel on the evening of the 26th of October 2016. When I entered the lobby I will note the facilities were nice however the desk help did not seem interested in helping me at all. I waited for two minuets for the gentiman to get off his computer before I was acknowledged. When I informed him I had a service dog, he asked me what the dog was for ( a big no no ) and demanded to see proof of disability and the animals papers. It was late and I did not feel like arguing so I agreed to provide Him with my Service Dogs ADA paperwork. After close examination he refused the paper work ( American Kennel Association ) and proceeded to inform me that they did not have any animal rooms open and it would be a $100 deposit. So many laws and ADA civil laws were broken it's mind blowing how this man is allowed to run the counter. My dog is a very important part of my life detecting attacks and episodes before they happen and keeping me out of harms away if I do happen to have a seizure in public. It is because of this reason I will refuse to stay at a choice hotel ever again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business