All reviews across the street the outer banks waffles shower head full kitchen free breakfast sitting area living room beach side older hotel nice stay stayed one night ice machine off season view of the ocean mariners cereal
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Our room wasn't serviced one of the days, carpets were nasty, smelled musty in the room.
There were bugs that look like roaches all over (to the average person that's what they look like )
Very disappointed for the amount of money I spent. I'll never return.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2016

After our third night at this hotel and the beds not being made I made the bed myself that is when I discovered that the blanket on the bed was soiled from a previous guest. I had to go to the front desk to ask that the room be cleaned and bed linens changed. The maids were not very happy that they had to come to our room a second time, they had only been changing out the towels. I was visiting another family member who was down the hall from us at this same hotel I observed that when the maids finished cleaning our room they stomped down the hall to return the supply cart to the storage room. They slammed the door to the storage area. I then returned to our room and a few minutes later the maids stomped back to our room and pounded on the door (a simple knock was all that was necessary) to hand us a card that said if we wanted our room to be cleaned that we needed to place this card on the bed. My thought was shouldn't they have ensured that this card be present in each room after a stay, how is a guest supposed to know about this card. I know it’s their high season but $170 a night for a dumpy hotel, that was not even clean. Upon checking out I noticed that they there was an additional charge and tax for the safe that was in the room. This additional charge was not disclosed prior when booking this room or upon check in. A good example of hidden fees.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DIManagement, Asst. Manager at Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kill Devil Hills-Mariner, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

We are very sorry that your room was not cleaned daily and will speak with housekeepers concerning this. Unless otherwise noted rooms are cleaned daily along with replacing towels, etc. Once again thank you for your remarks.
Suzanne

Reviewed 2 August 2016

This was our second year staying at this hotel. We love how close it is to the beach and the pool. Like the 2 bedroom suites so we can have a some privacy from our kids. Kitchenette is nice for days you don't want to go anywhere and just relax and make your own food. Also they have free breakfast that is nice. Very friendly staff, always made sure our room was cleaned. Only minor bad thing for us was we kept loosing Wifi.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2016

My husband and I checked in on July 22, 2016 and we got to our room it was so full of cigarette smoke that we could not possible of stayed in the room. This is a non-smoking hotel but obviously people do not care and smoke anyway. We had to leave as we were meeting friends down the road to go out for the night. I called the hotel and asked to speak to the manager and Warren got on the phone, he said he would call me back as soon as he went up to the room to check out the situation. He called me back immediately and apologized and said he would move us to another room. I cannot say enough about how he handled the situation. He not only got us another room, which was beautiful but he also credited us money on our bill. I am in the hospitality business myself and I wish I had more employees that were that efficient in handling situations as wonderfully as Warren did. Thanks again for everything....

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for staying with us at the Days Inn & Suites Mariner while here at the Outer Banks. Yes all of our rooms are non-smoking but as you can see not everyone follows the rules. I am glad he was able to accommodate you and you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will visit with us again if your travels bring you back to the Outer Banks.
Suzanne