1,097 results
All reviews colony iv tower building indoor pool waffles hot tub continental breakfast dune view second floor two queen beds waffle maker floor room biscuits and gravy beach access the breakfast area private balcony watch the sunrise definitely stay here again
Reviewed 21 June 2017

We had stayed here on our previous OBX visit several years back. Have since changed names and done a complete renovation. Rooms are good size and well appointed. staff was attentive to our needs. Both indoor and outdoor pool offered alternative to beach time. There is a direct boardwalk to the beach in the back of the motel. It is in a great location near attractions and restaurants, but off the main highway and was very quiet at night. Would stay here again on next visit.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Steve H
Karen V, General Manager at Shutters On the Banks, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Dear Steve H,
Thank you for the review, we appreciate you telling us about your stay. We love to hear that our guest love coming back to us. We are so happy you had the chance to see the renovations. Enjoy your summer and we will see yu again soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

This September will mark our third stay at this property. I will say that we will never stay elsewhere!! We absolutely love this hotel! Everything is wonderful. We are extremely excited to see the renovations! Staff is totally awesome as well. Breakfast is very good too. The web cam is my go to on a daily basis!! All year long I find myself staring at my screen watching the waves and people walking the beach. I highly recommend this property! You def wont be disappointed!

Room tip: Best beach access on the OBX!
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank drubly73

Dear drubly73,

Welcome back! We love the web cam too. ( don't tell anyone but we watch it all day long too) You are going to love the renovation in the tower building they are so refreshing and beachy. You will never want to go home. We can't wait till you are back in September. Till then enjoy your summer and safe travels.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Loved our stay here. It is right on the beach and has a nice view from the second floor on a clear day. Very comfy beds and good service. Everyone is friendly. Will stay here again.

My only complaint was that our neighbors (without kids) were very loud every day as early as 6 AM, and you could hear people checking/moving in and out at that time. A little bit annoying, but theres not much the hotel can do about that.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Karen V, General Manager at Shutters On the Banks, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Dear ChamomileAndClover,

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate you telling us about your stay. We are so delighted that you loved your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Safe travels,

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here on my 1st trip to OBX. It's a nice motel. Very clean and the staff was pleasant. Wife and I stayed in the "older" part (non-tower rooms).
They have a continental breakfast. Nice, before the beach. You won't have to drive to a restaurant.

My only hitch, the rooms in that section are a bit smaller than I'm used to. I'll check out the tower side next time.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Karen V, General Manager at Shutters On the Banks, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Dear Josh G,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time and telling us about your stay. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our rooms a slightly larger in the tower building from the main building. Glad you enjoyed our breakfast before you hit the beach. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the new renovated tower room double queen dune room.

We travelled with our 3 kids. The room was quite pricey but I was hoping it would be nice being new and also on the beach front. I called beforehand to ask if we could put an extra bed in the room and was told there should be space. When we arrived and I request a roll away bed they told me the hotel doesn't have roll away beds. Um... why did you say so when I called?

The room itself is quite small. You literally open the door and step into the bathroom (which is also very tiny and not very new).

The renovations are lovely. The carpet and furniture are beautiful and give the room that beachy feel. The linen is quite rough - I was hoping for a higher thread count.

The check in was easy and the staff were very friendly. The pool looked great although we didn't use it and the walk over the beach was 1min! Amazing.

Dear Tarryn5,
Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time and telling us about your stay. We are sorry that the bathroom was smaller than you expected and the sheet were a little rough for you. We do us an outside service for our linen but will look into this matter with them to ensure our linen are soft . We are happy to learn that you ike the newly renovated rooms and the short wak to the beach.
Again, we thank you for your review, we will share your comments with our team to ensure these issues are addressed immediately.