“Family Fun & Karaoke!”

Jolly Roger Restaurant & Pirate Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Breakfast ~ Lunch ~ Dinner ~ Drinks Italian ~ Seafood ~ Steaks PIRATE BAR OPEN ALL DAY! (Restaurant Hours may Vary During Off Season)
Reviewed 12 December 2017

We stayed within walking distance and found ourselves going back several times. I think we had every meal there by the end of the week! Plus beers in the bar. Servers were all so nice. This is not a fancy establishment however its great family friendly fare- something for everyone on the menu.

2  Thank Anna N
sgodwin_1, Public Relations Manager at Jolly Roger Restaurant & Pirate Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Anna,
This was such a wonderful review to read. Thank you for joining us! We’re so pleased you had such a great experience. Hope you’ll be back soon.
Sherri Marsicano
Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,379)

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

I hear bad things about Jolly Roger but I’ve been there numerous times, sometimes we’d eat a nice dinner and sometimes just sit at the bar and order apps but no matter what we are up to the food is always great and prices are great and I love how friendly everyone is! I take friends and family here and are never disappointed

2  Thank geelynn

Such a heartfelt review. Thank you so much for taking the time to express the Jolly. We always appreciate hearing from our satisfied customers.
Sherri Marsicano
Marketing

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Had breakfast on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. The restaurant was not crowded at all but all our food came out cold. The country ham could have been cooked a little more and the so called biscuit was tasteless and doughy in the middle. Even the coffee was not up to par. Place could use a good cleaning. On the bright side our waitress was very pleasant. been eating here off and on 25 years and have noticed it not as good as it used to be.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

We had 13 people in the off season eat here for breakfast one Sunday and it went very well. The food was really good with generous portions and delicious food. They were able to seat us immediately and accomodate 6 children.
We had to sit in the bar section which smelled smoky from the night before. The atmosphere left a little to be desired.

sgodwin_1, Manager at Jolly Roger Restaurant & Pirate Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

I am unsure as to why the section you sat in smelled smoky, as there is NO SMOKING in any restaurant in the state of NC. Try us again and I am sure we can win you over! -Susan/day manager

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

My family and I ate here one evening. I’ll just get to the point - the food was ok. Nothing special. I could have made the same food at home & probably better tasting. But the real issue here is the atmosphere. This place needs a THOROUGH cleaning. I honestly don’t know how it passes inspection. With all the Knick knacks and stuff EVERYWHERE it has to be crawling with dust. I guess all the stuff is part of the “appeal” of the place but all I could think of was ew. Eat here if you want something to talk about - there is plenty to look at & discuss. Otherwise, go somewhere else & get good food.

sgodwin_1, Public Relations Manager at Jolly Roger Restaurant & Pirate Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

I’m very sorry to read if your experience . I would like to say that the Jolly Roger has just gone thru a top to bottom deep cleaning . Not one surface not scrubbed and wiped .
Sherri