“Really Really Really Good”
Review of Obx Taqueria

Obx Taqueria
Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

This modest place, a half hidden hole in the wall on the bypass, is a rare gem. While I'm an All American Local, my impression is that of authenticity and deliciousness.

This is not your typical Americanized Mexican place. The menu is brief - with a few specials every now and then.

Tortillas are fresh and have some tooth to them. Tacos are not to be missed - try the BBQ lamb. Other-worldly.

My gal Sally is a huge fan - she insisted that I get a big to go order of tacos to take back to Jennette's Pier. We'd been fishing there more or less around the clock for several days, sleeping off and on in our Rambler wagon in the parking lot. The point is that the tacos taste even better with a little age on em. Refrigeration? Naw , but we had our cooler and between the bait and beer, the bag-o-tacos rested comfortably. Until Sally awakened one morning and wiped em out.

Hurt feelings and recriminations ensued. The management invited us to vacate the premises and we headed north, back to the Avalon where the planks are worn and the bite is pretty good.

But we've made up several times since then. Head on over to the OBX Taqueria. Grab a bag full and tell em Esso and Sally send their regards.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

The Host/Server/bartender/whatever seemed more interested in getting my family and I out of the restaurant than in serving us. The food was...alright, although overloaded with Beans and underloaded when it came to what I actually ordered. The meatpies were...good, I guess, but the level of Exascerbation that the Staff showed at our mere presence was enough to put me off of coming back to eat again. Price was pretty exorbant too.

1  Thank TransMousky
Reviewed 28 September 2015

Tasty authentic Mexican food. The tortillas are fresh made, and sometimes they have some for sale to take home. Not open on Saturdays but they are open on Sunday's. I recommend giving them a try.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

After my surgery in January , my husband picked us up dinner several times. The food is outstanding!!

Reviewed 8 August 2015

So good! They have so many selections for food, which is great for our diet restrictions. The service is great. This is always the first place we stop at when we come to OBX!