“Offsite 2018”
Review of The Colington Cafe

The Colington Cafe
Price range: USD 15 - USD 25
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Nestled off the beaten path in a Victorian house surrounded by 400 year-old oak trees, we are a local's favorite. Our seafood is brought in fresh daily, and we use locally grown ingredients.All the locals love our filet dishes as well as our large menu.All desserts are homemade. We are a family run restaurant with most of our staff having been with us for over 15 years.We do everything to make sure all of our customers leave happy.
Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

We visited the cafe with friends. It was delicious as we expected. We have not been in years. Our server Cindy was incredible. The dessert was amazing.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank boxshop
Write a ReviewReviews (1,109)

Reviewed 5 November 2018

This was my first trip to the Colington Cafe. The food, the atmosphere and the staff made it an extremely pleasant experience and I cannot wait to go back! I live 3 hours away, but I would make the trip just to have dinner there again! I am ready to go back! Delicious!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

This is my absolute favorite restaurant in the Outer Banks and I’ve been coming here since I was a kid. The service and hospitality is superb and the food is out of this world delicious. You must get the she crab soup!! I had the filet de mer (filet + shrimp) with a side of mashed potatoes and vegetable medley. The filet was so tender and juicy! I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

My friend came here as a child and was eager to come back. What an amazing experience! Not only was their food high quality and delicious (I highly recommend the she crab soup and chocolate cake), but the owner was so delightful and pleasant! We will be back during every visit to the OBX. !!

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

I like my filet mignon well-done. It’s very hard to get it well-done while also moist and flavorful. This one was to die for. My husband ordered Chicken Normandy, telling me that he had had enough seafood this past week and wanted a change. The waitress mistakenly brought him the Shrimp and Scallops dish. Not one to make a fuss, he kept it and was glad that he did. All four adults in our party had the delicious she-crab bisque. Our desserts, coconut cream pie, peach cobbler and creme brûlée were the perfect endings to this great meal. Looking forward to our next trip to OBX with Colington Cafe at the top of our list of restaurants.

1  Thank Trip563283
Carlen P, Manager at The Colington Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2018

I feel soooo bad that your husband got the wrong dish and didn't say anything.. And then you took the time to write such a nice review on us.. Thank you so much and I am so glad you enjoyed it all, but again I am so sorry.. If you come back next year let us know up front, "We are the ones who got a Napolean instead of the Normandy... We will make it up to you.. Thank you again so much for the nice compliments. My dad loved his filet well done and used to say we were the only ones who could cook it this way.. So, thank you for sharing..