“Great traditional seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Quick lunch was a just what we had a taste for - if at OBX, it is about crabs/oysters and this place hit the mark. The combos are great, crab/lobster soup was also very good, fresh seafood that comes out quickly and doesn't get you sick is always a winner in my book. Soft shell crabs were also excellent - so overall a winner.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Anyplace that serves me delicious fresh oysters that do not get me sick deserves 5 stars! The crab salad was also fabulous. Very friendly place with fast service and a great atmosphere.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

We have been going to the outer banks for years. And being obx vets, we make sure to cross the bridge before noon to avoid the traffic! But since we are way early for check in, we have made a stop at Awful Arthur's a vacation traditional first stop! We love the upstairs bar, where we can enjoy the scenery, along with cold beverages and great seafood! Shrimp and crab legs are excellent, and the staff is always great! We will see you there July 9th!

Reviewed 27 June 2017

We had dinner here and most of the experience was good. Our waitress was wonderful, the bartender made a great Pina Colada. My dinner was really good, my husband had the shrimp and crab legs. The only complaint, the shrimp was overcooked.

1  Thank michelleM5964RG
Reviewed 26 June 2017

We tried this place for the first time because my husband wanted to try oysters. We drove from where we were staying in Nags Head to try it and were glad we did! We all tried the conch fritters for the first time and we all agreed that they were great!
My husband tried and liked the raw oysters, I had a fried scallop sandwich (which was great), and my daughter had the french dip which was huge!
Atmosphere is one of those hidden bars, right across from Avon pier, and our waitress was very friendly and attentive. I imagine the place could be busy and crowded in the evening.
If you are looking for a great place for lunch, start here!