“Never again”

Port O' Call Restaurant and Gaslight Saloon
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 November 2016

On Tuesday night, we read the website that said they were open Tuesday through Saturday - but they were closed. On Wednesday night, we listened to their phone message that said they were open Wednesday though Saturday - but they were closed. Two strikes and your out. We'll go somewhere else first on Thursday night.

1  Thank Deb G

Reviewed 12 November 2016

Great happy hour with a very welcoming staff. Great service, good food and quite reasonable prices...especially during happy hour!

Reviewed 6 November 2016

This restaurant was the last one we visited on our stay as it had been closed for renovations. It was worth the wait. This is french style restaurant with a gorgeous old fashioned style decor. It is very romantic with artwork on the walls and muted colors. I had the broiled fish platter and every item was perfectly cooked. The local scallops practically melted in my mouth, the flounder was flaky and not mushy, the crab cake was the very best I tasted the entire trip, lots of crab not lots of bread. The desert was delicious as well, and orange creamsicle flavored cake that was just heavenly. Service was exceptional, and the young man who served us was extremely knowledgeable about the food. This restaurant also has a very nice gift shop attached. They have lovely jewelry, beautiful handgrafted glass figurines, and other interesting items. You get a discount at purchases at the shop for dining at the restaurant.

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Came by on our 10th anniversary and they opened up early just for us. They have great service and the food was amazing. We each had the flounder sandwich and sweet tea. My husband said it was the best meal he had ever eaten at a restaurant.

1  Thank AwesomeTabitha
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and two children & I had a wonderful dinner last minute at Port O'Call. The crab bisque and stuffed mushrooms along with a garden salad were perfect starters to the amazing, broiled seafood platter plus a crab cake on the side for the adults. My daughter, 9, very much enjoyed the very large serving of fettuccini alfredo off the kids menu while my son devoured the surf & turf burger with loads of lump crab atop a perfectly cooked 1/2 lb burger. Finished off the meal with cheesecake & coffee.
TOP NOTCH SERVICE FROM BEGINNING TO END!!!
Wonderfully "old world" decorated with the kindest of hostesses & extremely attentive, fantastic servers , truly lovely place to dine, across the street from the beach in Kill Devil Hills.

2  Thank SassyDoes11