“Creative and tasty takes on North Carolina's favored foods”
Review of Wooden Nickel Pub

Wooden Nickel Pub
Ranked #10 of 59 Restaurants in Hillsborough
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

With two visits to the Wooden Nickel, my husband and I have been really pleased. It is a small place making it cozy, the decor is in keeping with an old fashioned bar. There is limited outdoor seating. We suggest it for its local food spin.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went for lunch, this was my first time, I had heard how great it was, but I was not impressed at all, the wings were okay, the fries just another fast food fries, seating is limited.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

This place has a great location, great section of beer and great staff. Great number of wings sauces. That said, everything is deep fried! Fish fillet was decent size when we ordered fish & cups. Edamame been a had a spice on top. We had to soak our wings in paper napkins. So depending what you enjoy eating this might or might now be your place. I would definitely go back for drinks but will not order food.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Half off wings on Tuesday, usually crispy ,very good fries. Big selection of draft beer. Old restaurant, old town feel.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I visited with a group on a Friday night and it was very crowded. The service was pretty good, and the wings were great! It's a loud place with people watching sports. Good selection of beer. Good place for people watching.