“A very special place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Highlands B&B and Inns
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“A very special place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

We recently traveled to Fire Mountain to celebrate my wife's birthday. I was seeking a unique place and I found it in Fire Mountain. Matthew was there to greet us and show us around and was very helpful throughout our too brief stay. Our room was perfect--floor-to-ceiling glass on two sides so we had both the sunrise and sunset from our sofa. The fireplace added a romantic touch and all I had to do was light it. We spent most of our time on the Fire Mountain grounds and felt the spirit of place. It was peaceful, beautiful, relaxing, and spiritual. The vistas were breathtaking. We did not want to leave and we can hardly wait to retutn. Matthew and Hiram, thanks for a memorable experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

We recently visited Fire Mountain to celebrate our anniversary and we had a wonderful experience there! Hiram and Matthew were extremely inviting and helpful. Our stay there was peaceful, quiet, relaxing and we really enjoyed beautiful mountain views from the balcony of our room! We stayed in Red Thunder and I would definitely recommend that room. We actually got upgraded to that room when we arrived and we are so glad that we did! We really enjoyed the delicious breakfast that we got each morning and the staff was so attentive and nice. It was truly a relaxing escape and made for a special anniversary weekend. We would love to stay at Fire Mountain again!

Room Tip: Red Thunder has great mountain views and watching the sunset from that room is spectacular!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

Fire Mountain is like no other place in our conscious existence…a haven where we literally feel our worries and stresses melt away…a place where noise, clutter and waste are replaced by peace, simplicity and respect.

We are multiple repeat guests @ Fire Mountain and every visit somehow tops the previous. Shortly after we met we decided to take a trip together; fortunately we were beyond blessed to find Fire Mountain. Without the noise and distractions of our lives, we explored each other’s souls and we discovered more about ourselves in those few days than we had in years. A few years later, on that same happy hill, my girlfriend became my fiancé…a feeling that I cannot describe with words. And now we’ve returned as wife and husband, wondering all the while what might’ve become if we hadn’t afforded ourselves the chance to honestly learn about each other, together, years ago at this special place…our favorite place.

There’s a song we sing to each other:

When the sun runs out and there's no one to save you,
Will you go to our favorite place and try to say goodbye?
At the end of, at the end of the world,
Will you find me, will you find me?
At the end of, at the end of the world,
Will you find me so that we can go together, together, together…

When that time comes, my wife and I know where to find each other…

Chris

1 Thank GTjacket02
Ooltewah, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Fire Mountain is definitely the most unique place I have ever stayed. You are truly away from it all. By far the most positive comment I can make is about the staff. Everyone we came in contact with, specifically Matt, went out of their way to ensure we were having an enjoyable stay. Customer service is top notch here. The breakfasts each day were excellent and the view was remarkable. If you are looking to recharge your batteries and be pampered this is definitely the place to make it happen.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

I believe that the best and most complete thing I can say about Fire Mountain and THIS STAY is that they are DEPENDABLE. I’m a multi-repeat visitor, and I’ve posted high praise before.

An earlier posting is at http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g49215-d262981-r91563211-Fire_Mountain_Inn-Highlands_North_Carolina.html, and I’d write the same things today.

For THIS trip, I wanted to KNOW what to expect, and my expectations were again delightfully met.

Read the large number of very favorable reviews here. They are very believable, based on my several visits. No, they’re not the cheapest option, but the best won’t be the cheapest. Fire Mountain is exactly what it says it is.

The retreat is a delight, as are the hosts. I’ll be back…

Room Tip: Study the website, trust it. Cabins, Tree Houses, the Inn...all distinctly different. CALL and ask q...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
13.0 km away
13.0 km away
200 Main by Old Edwards
200 Main by Old Edwards
#3 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Fire Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!