“Great place for a small group of friends”
Review of Olde Tavern

Olde Tavern
Ranked #57 of 292 Restaurants in Hickory
Reviewed 7 April 2017

The menu is very varied and good pub food. We have utilized the back room several time for a small group(10). The wait staff is attentive and always gets our bill correct even with separate checks. The beer menu is ok but needs changing from time to time.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

First time eating there for my wife and I. Good things first. Server was pleasant. Bar tender mixed a special drink up. It was pretty good. Food was good. Now for the bad. When the bill came out it had the appetizer (fried pickles), our two drinks and our two entrees listed with the appropriate prices for each. All good so far. But the total had an extra .50 added. Everything we ate and drank was correctly marked on the receipt. But the total was more. What kind of special cash register do they have? We asked the server why the total was more than what it should have been. She was flustered and eventually said it was because you had extra dressing for the appetizer. But that was only.25. The appetizer did not have enough dressing for the amount of pickles. Very little. Not the point. There was nothing on the receipt that showed we had extra dressing, which still, according to them, was an extra charge of .25. We were still overcharged. Nothing on menu states there is an up-charge for an extra dressing. It's not about the 50 cents. But 50 cents a customer will certainly add up. What kind of cash register adds up what you had, food, drinks, then tax, and then the total is more than everything on the receipt. That's a special register! We were cheated. How can the total not add up to what was listed on receipt?? The manager did not manage this situation. She credited us 25cents. She could not explain how the total was more than what the items and tax added up to. When it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it is a duck. Won't be going back there again.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

we were passing by and decided to try them out. fabulous wings and bbq ribs.
i was surprised at how good my food was. my friends food was great to. will go back soon even though its a 1/2 hr drive for us.

Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for a quick dinner. After waiting 10 minutes at our table we ordered mozzarella sticks ($6), he got 1/2 lb. of boneless wings, and I got a burger, ordered medium well with chips. Well first as the waitress was fiddling at the food area, her shirt sleeve was hanging all in our cheese sticks, knocking one of them on the floor. I thought she'd ask the kitchen for another one but instead we paid $6 for 4 cheese sticks. The meal came and the boneless wings looked like something you'd get from the freezer section at the grocery store. My burger was undercooked and didn't come with the side I'd ordered. The atmosphere was much improved from the previous restaurants that were there, but the food was mediocre at best, and the service was not great. Will not be returning.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

They have a lot of different selections. Everything that I have had so far has been really good. We had never been here previously but started coming due to the coupon in the attractions book. They have now turned into one of our favorite places to eat in Hickory.

Been to Olde Tavern? Share your experiences!