“Very good, but a little different”
Review of House Of Nom Nom

House Of Nom Nom
Ranked #11 of 292 Restaurants in Hickory
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

We were expecting it to be a more traditional Asian American restaurant. It's more of a sandwich restaurant, with a couple of rice bowl options. Our food was excellent and service friendly. However, my tri tip sandwich came out almost immediately. We waited a short time for the second sandwich and fries to come, but they didn't. So I ate while my sandwich was still hot (it was great! Especially the grilled bun) I was finished before my wife's sandwich and the fries arrived. Both were good, but the staging was odd.

We look forward to returning and trying the different chicken sandwiches, rice bowls, wings and burgers.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I work nearby and my boss eats at NOM NOM at least once a week. When he brings it back to the office, it smells so good. Had to try it myself....YUM! I had the teriyaki chicken bowl...made while I waited. VERY fresh and cooked to perfection! The place was packed, which is a great sign of quality and consistency!

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

We sampled a few different sauces and the Honey Sriracha wings were the best. My husband was adventurous and selected the bibimbap; veggies were fresh. He enjoyed this Korean fare. The burgers really looked good but will definitely go back and try their Big Kahuna burger and the much raved about Kimchi fries. The egg rolls were typical fast food variety and I would skip it in the future. The place was clean and staff were friendly. This is a great meal stop pre-movie outing. Will make this a must stop dining experience whenever in Hickory.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Fantastic !! If I could rate this restaurant higher I would. Everything on the menu is unique and very tasty. The prices are great and the atmosphere is wonderful. I go here quite often for lunch and everytime has been amazing.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Pros:

The employee who took our order and the employee that brought our food were geniunely nice. The burgers are decent.

Cons:

I always thought fried kimchi was cabbage, not glops of grease off of a dirty grill. Having an employee and/or owner's daughter groping her boyfriend in the front of the restaurant in the middle of the afternoon and blocking accessing to condiments and the drink machine was a BIG turn off. Had I not paid ten seconds earlier, we would have left at that point. Teenie-boppers have plenty of other places to do that kind of activity, unless it is some sort of dumb Korean tradition to insult or entertain your customers this way.

Overall, an average place. Plenty of other options nearby that are better by a longshot.