“Ticket line is stupid”
Review of Carmike Cinemas

Carmike Cinemas
Ranked #9 of 13 Fun & Games in Hickory
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

You must wait in the concession line to buy tickets. I will NEVER buy food here because of this out of principle. I shouldn't have to wait behind a family buying individual drinks, candy, and popcorns just to buy two tickets to a movie. It's convenient only for some. So stupid.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

It took forever to track down someone old enough to sell me a beer-- but they have beer! Very excited. We saw 2 movies at this location and it was everything I expect from Carmike--- expensive,( tre' expensive) clean, nice kids. I love that they employ some handicapped workers---nice!

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

We've been to this theater many times. One thing I really like is that you can buy your tickets and snacks at the same time. No waiting in two lines. Service is usually pretty quick. Theater is clean.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

A very expensive trip for two to see a movie. Good clean theater just costly. Not somewhere you could take a date every week. $50.00 (one popcorn, one drink, two boxes candy and two movie tickets)

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 June 2016

I took my great grandson to see a movie on a Saturday afternoon. I informed the young man that waited on us that I was entitled to a military discount and then went on to tell him that I needed one adult and one child ticket. I did get the discount on my ticket but when I later looked at the tickets I didn't get it for the child ticket. I was a little upset since is dad is serving in the US Navy at this time as well. If the theater offers this they should provide the service.
I had to ask the young man to clean the sticky spilled drink off the counter so when he set our order down it wouldn't get all over the bottom of it. Then when I went to get my drink from the machine both of them needed attention because apparently someone else didn't know how to use them.
Carmike is the only theater in our are so I will be going back but they need to train employees a little better and monitor clean up in the lobby area.