“Best Pub in Town!”
Review of McGuire's Pub

McGuire's Pub
Ranked #63 of 288 Restaurants in Hickory
Reviewed 4 October 2017

A gem in Hickory! If you want good company, food and live music at the same time, this is the place to go! Belly up to the bar during open mic night and experience some great raw talent in a very cozy and intimate pub atmosphere. McGuire's Pub has been here since waay before craft beer came along, so this is the place locals go. Did I mention they have great food? Legendary sandwiches and off the hook sides PLUS of course very COLD BEER!

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We were not too sure of this place when we 1st walked by but we gave it a chance & glad we did! Excellent Roast Beef Sandwhiches - Wonderful DGreat Staff Too - Excellent choice before a performance at the Community Theater next door.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

McGuires is an awesome restaurant with an old world feel. Dark wood interiors with dimly lit booths. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The menu is typical pub food, but is prepared very well.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

I had frequented this place on occasion several years before ... so I took a trip back to get a sandwich and work on my laptop. I went in about in at 9:25 pm, saw some happy people, it wasn't loud, a happy server, and found a booth. Booth was dirty, I tried to get the server's attention. 9:40 pm the booth was still dirty, I had yet to see a server. I left a note, came home to a Hungry Man dinner and a box of juice. Since then, I have heard they changed management, but haven't gone back ...

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Have eaten here since 2000, and it hasn't changed a bit. The sandwiches are always good. The staff has been together forever, and the French onion soup is best in town. My girls love the pub chips and home fries with ranch.

1  Thank elail1971

Been to McGuire's Pub? Share your experiences!