“Best Italian in the Region”

DA Vinci's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 286 Restaurants in Hickory
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We are always impressed with the food at Da Vinci's. The atmosphere is great and the servers pleasant and very attentive. The only negative is how long we always have to wait for our order; 40+ minutes has been the norm. This time there were only three other parties of 4 in the place with three servers working and we ordered the special thinking it would take less time. We waited 50 minutes from placing our order until it was served. This would easily be the best restaurant in Hickory and rate "Excellent" every time if the wait wasn't so long.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

We've eaten here several times and are always exceeptionally pleased. My husband had the Sunday special seafood dish with fresh mussels, crawfish, shrimp, etc. The sauce on the pasta with this dish was amazing. Desserts are amazing too

Reviewed 4 February 2018

My husband and I were with a group of about 20 people celebrating a birthday of one of the other guests. Our reservation was for 7:00. We were put in a very small room with everyone sitting right on top of one another. We had one server to handle the entire group. She did the best she could and was very pleasant. She took our drink order and brought our drinks. It was quite a while before she came back to take our orders. About 1/2 an hour later she brought in salads or soup to those of us that placed an order. She brought them in one at a time to serve them. Finally about 8:30/8:45 she began serving our meals bringing them one at a time again. She served my husband his meal and then served another table. 15 minutes later I still didn't have any food. I heard her talking with another guest about his food. Apparently she had served him my dinner. She thought it was chicken when in fact it was eggplant. When I heard eggplant I turned around I told her I had ordered it. She told me, "he has eaten a few bites off this do you still want this or do you want me to get you another one?" I told her I wanted a new meal. She placed my order and continued to serve others one at a time. By the time she finished serving the others my dinner was ready. It was after 9:00 at this time. I was happy my meal was piping hot and was very good. My husband had ordered veal with angel hair pasta. He said it had been served cold and it wasn't good. He barely ate anything. The restaurant was not really crowded so I can't comprehend the service. Why did we only have one server? We will not be returning.

1  Thank Patty K
Reviewed 3 January 2018

I most liked the relaxing atmosphere with Italian ambiance and music. Variety of delectable menu options. The lobster ravioli was Voila! Macy, our server, anticipated all of our needs.

The least favorite part of the dining experience was determining which door to enter. Signage could be better.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Fresh warm bread. Great lasagna and manicotti at great price. Steak was good. Would be 5 star but my son said the garlic mashed potatoes were dry. Great date night place. Great service.