“Great Italian food”

Ranked #18 of 295 Restaurants in Hickory
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Davinci's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria Is an Italian Restaurant Offering Authentic Italian Dishes, Gourmet Specialty Pizzas, Delectable Desserts and an Extensive Selection of Wines and Spirits.
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Fresh warm bread. Great lasagna and manicotti at great price. Steak was good. Would be 5 star but my son said the garlic mashed potatoes were dry. Great date night place. Great service.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

My wife and I had lunch here, and decided to return for dinner two days later. The food is excellent. We will be back again the next time we are in Hickory, NC.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We returned to Da Vinci's on our most recent visit to Hickory. We were pleased to find the quality still excellent and the prices actually a little lower. (Dinner for four with wine and appetizers for under $125)
The dishes are authentic Italian and the portion size is perfect. The chicken tarantella was bathed in a perfectly blended pesto sauce.
I recommend Da Vinci's highly!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We dined at this place on June 29th and will never go back. The four of us are well traveled and have been to Italy several times plus enjoy fine dining all over the US, we are foodies.
None of us could believe how overrated this place is, the quality of the food was horrendous. Place was OK and service was somewhat slow but adequate. Back to the food, the Misto a la Griglia is supposed to be grilled scallops and shrimp marinated in balsamic ... well the scallops are butchered and sliced into this very thin pieces then everything over cooked on a flattop to the point that it was like chewing on rubber. Reminded me of the little eraser on the back of my pencil in school plus it was served lukewarm at best. Next was the breaded Mozzarella, once again left on the counter for a while and brought to us almost cold, to the point that the cheeses had hardened again and was not deliciously oozing. 0 for 2
Then came the entrees ... not better.
Gnocchi Fiorentina, not too bad in the flavor but the gnocchi weren't cooked to perfection ... a little too 'al dente' and the special Risotto with seafood was the poorest excuse for a risotto I have seen in my life. It lacked color and creaminess just looked like something a brand new and inexperienced sous chef threw together.
Heck maybe we went on a bad day ... possible because I'd hate to think the people in Hickory can be so wrong. I am not willing, however, to risk it and waste my time and money finding out. First last and never again.

1  Thank Jaime M
Reviewed 15 June 2017

When we walked in for lunch around 1:30, the place was empty. We thought that was strange and were a little bit hesitant. But, we quickly found out our worry was unfounded. The wife had the Bruschetta with a Chicken Caesar Salad and I had the small Original Stromboli. The Bruschetta was pretty good. The Chicken Caesar salad was huge and very good. It was so big, we split it. The Stromboli was also very good. Ended up taking half of it with us. Our service, as expected, was very good. We would eat there again if we get back in town.