“Good enough to eat twice in a row”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #19 of 288 Restaurants in Hickory
Price range: USD 10 - USD 12
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Located at Exit 125 off of I-40 in Hickory, we are a full service restaurant with a large patio for outdoor dining. Join us for gourmet pizzas made to order on the stone, calzones, hoagies, salads, munchies and dessert. Large, full service bar with the best craft beer selection in town with 40 taps and 60+ bottles. Check out our rotating handle menu and ask your friendly Shroomer for all the details and enjoy the Mellow experience with us.
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

This little mellow mushroom was a nice spot. It was conveniently located near my hotel. There is outdoor seating. The staff was great. The food was good. And on Wednesday they had $4 beer flights!

Leslie K, Owner at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you!!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We went on a Friday night about 6:30. It was busy but there was no wait for saying. Hostess was friendly but, did not ask if we had any seating preference. We were seated at a high top near the bar. Waiter greeted us promptly and took drink orders. He brought the wrong drink to my hubby then left a pitcher of tea on our table for about 20 minutes. Neither of us had tea. When he came back and got it, he poured some into a glass two tables down. I asked about soup of the day. It was tortilla. I asked what was in it and was told vegetables but no meat. It came swirled with sour cream. I don't eat sour cream but hubby said it tasted really good. We ordered Buffalo chicken pizza without bacon. 40 minutes later we were brought a Buffalo chicken pizza with no onions but, plenty of bacon. We we explained that was wrong, he apologized. A manager came to see us and said we wouldn't have to pay for the wrong pizza and they already had another in the oven. He said it would be out in 10 minutes, it wasn't. About 20 minutes later, our pizza arrived. So after an hour we finally had our pizza. They let us keep the wrong pizza, no charge. But, we really did not want it. So it was overall a bad experience all around. Waiter was nice and told us he loves waiting tables. Manager was nice but letting us keep a pizza we didn't want was not helpful. I love Mellow Mushroom and it was first time at the Hickory one. We just moved here. I think we will look for another pizza place. They do serve Coke products.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

This place is terrible, the waitress got everything wrong right from the beginning. We asked for water without ice, we got 2 full glasses of water with ice cubes , no water for the kid. Next, we ordered the lunch, and she said she'd be right back to take the kids order and never showed up. Our order arrived where as the kid was waiting for food. Then the forks were not clean ( all 3 of ours). The servers seem to spend more time at the cash counter than serving the customer and are very short staffed. I've heard good review about this chain, but the food was bad the 2 times that I visited.

Leslie K, Owner at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

I am so sorry to learn of your experience in our restaurant and I hope you will email us directly at hickory@mellowmushroominfo.com with further details of your visit and your contact information. We have discussed your concerns with our staff on duty yesterday but we would be interested to know the name of your server and the time of your visit.

Again, our apologies and we hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

While loud and busy this IS the place for pizza! We drive about 45 mins to eat here. Worth waiting for a table. Always fresh. Always made to order!! Always hot and delicious! I humbly suggest the Shiitake Mushroom Pie! Oh my! Nirvana cubed! Full service and competent bar staff. Outside seating available too! What more could you want? Oh! Get an appetizer of garlic bread!!! Yumm! Enjoy.

Leslie K, Owner at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

We appreciate your business and your 5-star review! The Holy Shiitake is one of our favorites as well! Thank you for understanding great pizza takes time! Hope to see you guys back in the future :)

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

They have a lot of gf options which was really good for us when we were traveling. The restaurant was clean and the service was a little slow,but good!!

Leslie K, Owner at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thanks you! Sorry about your slow service- definitely not something we aim for. We appreciate your business and your 4-star review and hope to see you back again in the future!